Thread: Problem with installing Age of Empires II

sad Problem with installing Age of Empires II

Hei^^

(sorry for my bad english)

I have tried to install Age of Empire II severel times on my Dell with Windows 7. And it starts and I click continue, and comes to where it tells me, what my Microsoft Product ID number is, and then, after I click continue, my computer says: "Microsoft Age of Empires II has stoped working, looking for reason"
    After a half a minute, it says: "A problem was fault what the programe stoped working. Windows close the program and give you a massage, if there is a solution"
    I have never got a massage whit a solution.

What can I do, to install the game?

Re: Problem with installing Age of Empires II

First tell me does this CD is original or pirated? If it’s not original than this thing happens. Second thing: just check that CD is clean and there is no dirt on it, because this is also the one reason your game completely not install in your system. If this 2 steps not working than just try to copy your CD into your computer drive and after that try to install it. And if it is expansion file than, what you have to perform, is copy the expansion files to the AOE's system file, install the setup and after that just right click on the game file which makes it play and paste shortcut on the desktop. In premise you should be capable to start playing

sad Re: Problem with installing Age of Empires II

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    First tell me does this CD is original or pirated? If it’s not original than this thing happens. Second thing: just check that CD is clean and there is no dirt on it, because this is also the one reason your game completely not install in your system. If this 2 steps not working than just try to copy your CD into your computer drive and after that try to install it. And if it is expansion file than, what you have to perform, is copy the expansion files to the AOE's system file, install the setup and after that just right click on the game file which makes it play and paste shortcut on the desktop. In premise you should be capable to start playing
    It's an original.
    I have cheked, and the cd is all clean.
    I have tried it, and it didn't helped
    But I found out, that it is then the game is calculating disc space, that it stops.
    Last edited by Malle5252; 01-05-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malle5252 View Post
    But I found out, that it is then the game is calculating disc space, that it stops.
    Thats great, you figured out the fault. So, did you tried freeing up your hard disk ? Make sure you have minimum 300MB Hard Disk Space left and than try installing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Thats great, you figured out the fault. So, did you tried freeing up your hard disk ? Make sure you have minimum 300MB Hard Disk Space left and than try installing the game.
    There is 199GB free space, so that shouldn't be the problem Unless it's a realy old game, so it see it as 199MB? (I have experienced something like that before)

You can easily install Age of Empires 2 in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, it is compatible with Windows 7 64bit as well. You may need to contact the graphic manufacturer to obtain the latest graphic driver and download updates for Age of Empires 2. Since this game was designed for older system and only supports 800x600 graphics, please try to adjust the screen resolution down to 800x600 with 256 colors, then launch the game to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    You can easily install Age of Empires 2 in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, it is compatible with Windows 7 64bit as well. You may need to contact the graphic manufacturer to obtain the latest graphic driver and download updates for Age of Empires 2. Since this game was designed for older system and only supports 800x600 graphics, please try to adjust the screen resolution down to 800x600 with 256 colors, then launch the game to see if it works.
    I don't think that the problem is wrong graphic?

I think the most wird of it all, is that it had been installed ones.