Thread: Portal 2 close to desktop: ‘Client.dll differs for all users’

Portal 2 close to desktop: ‘Client.dll differs for all users’

One of friend told me to play Portal 2 hence I have bought Portal 2. I have successfully installed the game on the computer of mine. when I have launched the game on the computer the game is seems to be crashing on the computer and Close to Desktop situation is occurred in which no error message or Eventlog is being generated. I have also noticed there is a difference between client.dll for each and every user. Let me know if you are aware of the situation which you have provided and solution to solve the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Portal 2 close to desktop: ‘Client.dll differs for all users’

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I want to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any recent changes in terms of hardware as well as software before or after the installing the game on the computer? Also tell me whether you have installed the graphic card drivers on the computer or not. Answer the above mentioned thing as early as possible.

I have seen number of users who are having the similar problem which you have mentioned over here. Personally I recommend that you should try with the checking the integrity of the game cache. In order to do the same you need to use the following instruction.
    • You have to load the Steam and go for Library section and simply right click on the Properties.
    • Into the Local files you have to click on the Verify integrity of game cache.
    • The Window would be closed automatically once the process is completed.

If there is a CEG protected executable is detecting that it is running on the unauthorized system then it would intentionally crash the game on the computer. there is something changes in the system which has changed the built of the game. you should try to delete the same with ncf files when you have completed closed the steam on the computer and see whether it is working or not. let me know about the result in this situation.

I want to know whether you have enabled firewall on the computer. I am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to firewall enabled on the computer. hence you should look in to the system and disable the firewall if it is enabled and see whether it is working or not. Also I recommend that you should disable the antivirus program on the temporary basis and see whether you are able to solve the problem of yours or not.

Any of the friend of yours are having any issue while playing the game? if they are not having any issue then I am sure that there is something wrong with the file which you have used to install the game on the computer of yours. hence I recommend that you should borrow working file from the friend of yours and use the same to install the game on the computer of yours. once you have installed the same see whether it is working or not.

I am highly suspecting that this particular problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to bug issue. So you should contact the developer and report a bug file to them. Also you should provide all the information regarding the computer configuration and the problem which you are having while playing the game. the developer would work around on the situation and let you know about the possible solution to fix the problem of yours.