Thread: How to make your own GLaDOS in Portal 2

How to make your own GLaDOS in Portal 2

I was playing this game and then I had a thought that I should be creating my own GLaDOS in Portal 2. So what I did was that I had extracted the GLaDOS model and then I just imported the textures and put them into Sketch Up so I could see the 3D model in more detail. Being a PC and electronics Modder I found GLaDOS very awesome in the game. So this is what I did and feels that even you can go ahead with this. So I would like to say that if you have any doubts then you can definitely get back to me.

Re: How to make your own GLaDOS in Portal 2

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is something that is amazing that you have put up. I would say that even I tried such thing and due to the normal mapping and reflections that are affecting the look of the model I also took reference of the images in the game under different lighting that are present. Also I would say that the eye is made from piece of round plexi which is a glass lens with yellow LED along with the hot-glue and a battery.

Yes even I agree with this and would say that the plexi will be reverse painted and I am sure about this. Also if you leave the center lens then there won’t be a major problem and then making the center of the eye more in proportion to the game model. So this is what I feel about this and do feel that there the GlaDOS are needed to be made in this way .But actually there are some other way where you can create the GLaDOS in Portal 2.

Looking at the thing that you have put up I guess that it might be a very good idea to make the potato out of some kind of clay. This is what I feel and also think that this maybe something like sculpey and then you could try to paint it to look like a potato. Maybe there can be a possibility that you could even try to find a fake potato or something like that. So in quip there may be so many possibilities in this and you can make the Glados in Portal 2.

As far as I am concerned the battery may be just a temporary thing? Also there are chances that he could hook up the potato to the battery and hence when one runs out BAM you have a potato. So the potato head is in the wrong shape and also the variety of potato is something that is bad. Also I would say that you could use one of them as the base.So as said before there are quiet a lot of chances where you can just create the Glados in Portal 2 and enjoy the game more.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given and would say that I didn’t really expect so many solutions from all of you. I think that even they have provided me with some ideas on how to go about the job. Also I would say that if these really work for me then I will definitely get back to you. So I would like to thank you for the solutions and suggestions that you have provided that has helped me a lot.