Thread: Why do people not enjoy OFP: Red River

Why do people not enjoy OFP: Red River

I have a great time with it now. The initial 3 missions are pretty boring- over Knox's constant swearing in the vehicles scenes but later than that it picks up. Truly glad they initiated customization- one thing deeply needed in DR. The A.I are enhanced and do perform orders pretty well. My just gripe is that they do not anything on the 'Follow me' command while sometimes; you don't have sufficient time to order them to assault. The missions are more linear yes, but at a standstill fun - Mission 5 is insane!

Re: Why do people not enjoy OFP: Red River

Well, to begin with, there's so much that's lost. I could spend hours upon hours in the map editor making my individual missions and after that playing the mission with my friends or just unaided. All the mods, mission editor and freedom that as a minimum at a standstill was left in Dragon Rising is currently gone. It feels like all the mechanism that made flashpoint, realism, freedom, Modding, map editor, helicopters, and multiplayer is all disappeared and replaced with by-the-book components establish in any additional shooter.

This sums it up just fine. Dragon Rising was very planned, with missions, which could last a long time and with the result changing vastly based on your actions and how you played it. You could be pinned down, having a fire fight permanent an hour or take benefit and obtain the higher hand very rapidly. It’s all the time changing and the missions could be played anyhow you want permitting you to take anything path or route you feel would work. In addition, you had to watch your head and your group, if you got shot, it could be game over and if you mislay your medic then things could get very tricky. You can patch yourself up but your ability would be caught up. Half the fight was staying alive.

Fair point Denote, but why take the Operation Flashpoint name ahead, while the franchise owed its victory to a title that interoperated the whole thing regarding a realistic Sandbox environment, with the liberty of a living open world and non general and linear mission based gameplay. These where all the traits that made this game a true classic and sole from all other shooters on the market. In 2 sequels you have exposed the bare bones of the whole thing which flashpoint stood for and for a superior word commercialized it.

No one would bash Red River for what it is, but they think that they have to bash Operation Flashpoint: Red River. As it is not Operation Flashpoint any longer. Games have to develop but "Operation Flashpoint" looks to degenerate over the last 2 "epos ides". Possibly it is the start of a new generation: semi-tactic-shooter-what-ever. But don't call it Operation Flashpoint; this title wills all the time be linked to a (pseudo)-military-simulation.

If I memorize properly, CM wasn't officially permissible to utilize anything from the first game, so you can't actually guilt them for stripping out the guts of the game as they officially weren't permissible to utilize the guts of the game. But yes, I obtain where you are coming from. The name utilize, while possibly not deliberate, was a ruse/misdirection to draw bigger sales (well that's it's end effect, even if that's not what they planned), but as they spent lots of lawful fees to get full control of the name after that there's no cause why they shouldn't be permissible to utilize that name however they want.