Thread: Steam did not provide Retail key for Darkspore

Steam did not provide Retail key for Darkspore

The darkspore has released yesterday. I have purchased mine through STEAM. The official website told me that the game will be going to unlock within one day. Now I think that I made big mistake by purchasing it from the Steam. I should have purchased it through the EA store. I am telling this because the game has not been unlocked yet and I didn’t get any retail key to unlock the game. This is really annoying. I cannot wait for some more days to unlock. What can I do now?

Re: Steam did not provide Retail key for Darkspore

In order to play your latest games, simply launch the Steam application on your PC or Mac and log in by the use of your Steam account name. You don’t need any kind of key for that. Your games will be obtainable inside Steam on top of the “Library” tab. Whichever Downloadable Content (DLC) you've bought is automatically downloaded and will be available from inside the support game lying on Steam. To outlook your latest DLC from inside your collection, right-click on top of the base game and choose “View Downloadable Content.”

It is a common issue in the steam and there is a hard reason for why they haven’t unlocked yet. This is because they need to wait until the retailer gets the copy of game. It's the method the retailers direct their trade. Retailers in dissimilar sections of the earth wish dissimilar release dates, which is why the let go is spread out similar to this. Occasionally huge games are capable to step concurrent universal releases, except that's pretty uncommon and was not somewhat that was made for Darkspore. I appreciate that it's annoying having to hang around, and we genuinely expect the hang around is value it for you.

As someone said this is a trick from the retailers to increase their business. Everyone knows that through the steam you can get the any game for little amount rather two times less than the original amount. This could cause the retailer a huge loss if everyone will start buying the game via steam. Some users don’t wish for to play the game for long period. Once they completed the game they will not come back to the same once again. Only few gamers like to collect the full game and play again and again.

This is not the first time I am hearing this problem but for most of the games I have been hearing lots of the complaints like this. However I don’t say that it is the problem about the Steam except it is rule or policy from the game publisher or Distributor. AS you know that the publisher of Darkspore is EA and it holds strong long against every game it is going to release. It just wants to offer the fair gameplay for both gamers either the steam games or the retail games at same time. For that purpose it will be going to activate both version of game at equal time.

AS far as I know that the EA will going to activate the server or starts the registration for both retail and steam version game same time. No matter how long before you have purchased the game you cannot play it right away. This is the not the first time it is happening but for most of the games the EA had done like this. For some games the steam will not provide any kind of key to activate or register the game. You can play the game by directly signing in into the Steam account.