Thread: Steam asking Retail key for Darkspore

Steam asking Retail key for Darkspore

I have recently bought that Darkspore game through the steam. Right now I need some help regarding the steam key. I called EA support few hours before and, even though they guaranteed me that my account would begin working within a small number of hours, it still does not started working. I sign into my account within the game, it prompts for the retail key, I put in it, and it again asking me enter the key and it does not show any errors. What could be the problem?

Re: Steam asking Retail key for Darkspore

If you're getting any difficulty while entering your code or key, just make sure to encompass it all lower case and to comprise the dashes. If it doesn’t include any dashes, adjoin them among the fourth and fifth character, the eighth as well as ninth, twelfth as well as thirteenth, sixteenth plus seventeenth characters. Example: a12b-3c4d-5e6g-7h8i-9j0k. Like this way put the code. It will surely going to work and accept.

In order to enter the Darkspore game
    • First of all go to the official website of darkspore.
    • There you need to Log in with your obtainable EA Account (otherwise generate a fresh one), and go after the registration directions.
    • Redeem your Darkspore Access Key over to unlock access option. This key will barely work one time, therefore do not go for to share with others.
    • On one occasion you have installed the game, you will be prepared to play while it starts.

I think that the issue is about your system but not about the steam or game or the key which you have got. If you are running in Windows Vista otherwise Windows 7, totally leave Steam and right-click on top of the shortcut which you make use of to launch Steam and choose "Run as Administrator." If you are running Windows XP, go after below steps:
    • Quite the steam
    • Go to the "Start>Run" and type "regedit" and press Enter
    • Find this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
    • Right click on it and choose "Permissions"
    • There you need to enable checkboxes for "Admin" as well as "System" toward "Full control" and "Read".

When I try to enter the key it told me that the key is previously in use. It offered me this error message many times at earliest and afterward for several reasons on next try it not at all asked for a key and simply set out into the game. Now I have logged out and again tried to login but I failed. I tied to login my EA account from both ways i.e. is from the main site and steam one. However at this time it prompts me to have master ID and it ended me choose a fresh one. So you also need to get the Master ID in order to login and complete the registration on EA account for Darkspore.

The key which you have bought or got through the steam is not the original key. You need to redeem that key otherwise this key is not usable or acceptable if you make use of it directly. In order to redeem it first you need to open the EA official site and log in it by the use of your Master ID. Within your profile you will get the option called Redeem. Put the key which you have got and select redeem. Now you will get the original activation key. Put it in the game and you are ready to play now.