Thread: Put a portal funnel toggle option in Portal 2

Put a portal funnel toggle option in Portal 2

I was playing this game and suddenly I got a thought in my mind. What I was thinking that is it possible to have a portal funnel toggle option in Portal 2. I am actually requesting Valve to put an option in for a crutch that not everyone likes or wants to have.But I am just thinking that having this option would really be very nice to play the game. So can anyone tell me that is it possible to have such thing and if yes then how is it possible.

Re: Put a portal funnel toggle option in Portal 2

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that the Portal funneling is not a mechanic. Actually I feel that this is a change to the game which was originally added for people who disliked it and then going into the portals and especially for many number if loops which could be really very frustrating. Also I actually asking for this option to turn this off which wont be having much of a impact on game play beyond turning off the portals and then just dragging them into them which is illogical in a physics based game.

I would say that this is something that I was waiting for. And I would tell you that I have even tried doing the same thing you did. But while doing so I realized how you are actually supposed to do it and didn't care anymore. Also I would say that do you realize there's an easier way to launch yourself up there.I am sure there is some way to do that and you need to follow the same thing for it. Or were you experimenting with different solutions? Please do get back to me on this.

I feel that Portal funneling is done with the automatic placing of portals to more preset positions. Also with it off and then the quick reactions you can place a portal just as you land and pretty much hit it every time.So this is what it does.But I do feel that it is not really an issue.And you don’t have to worry much about it either. Actually speaking that was the way I finally did the test on my first play through and it just took a long time than it should have.

I would say that theirs is no reason for them to block it and the way the blue portal just forces me us to lose all forward momentum .And I am sure that this is because of funneling which is not a nice thing to work with. But coming back to the problem I would say that it isn’t that a problem? We have seen that the free flowing game such as Portal shouldn't be allowed to invent different kind of options like the one you have mentioned .And this particularly in areas with conversion gel. So this is what I personally feel.