Thread: How to get Crosshair on Portal 2?

How to get Crosshair on Portal 2?

Guys I have bought Portal on last night, I am really enjoying this game, I liked the graphics and game play very much. I don’t have any major issue in playing this game, I have one query many user getting Crosshair for this game but I don’t have crosshair. I don’t need it now but is there any options to get it may be in future I will need it, I haven’t played this game on the single screen yet, and it is defaulted to 6048x1080. Please share your suggestions.

Re: How to get Crosshair on Portal 2?

Well after reading your post I have searched on the internet about the unavailable crosshair on some screens, and I have found similar kind of post on this site, and that topics there many console codes are given to enable all the features and some are for removing the errors and related to this topic I have found one code and i.e.
    Code:
     Cl_drawhud 1
    I am not quite sure about it but just give it a try, this might work for you.

Hey dude thanks for posting this thread I thought maybe this problem is with my system or in game file, but now I got I think its bug with the system which developer have to fix, I am also running the Eyefinity and even I don’t have crosshair. I searched a lot about this query on the net and I found out one solution is to test with a single monitor because mostly users have given this as a solution. I have tried the above code but that didn’t help, hope single-monitor will resolve the problem.

Yeah that’s right you will see the crosshair on single monitor and you won’t get any with three monitors, I was also confused about this thing and there was hardly any query on the net so I emailed to the support staff and luckily I got answer in the revert, and i.e, is a very simple fix 1monitor will have the crosshair and 3monitors will not have the cross hairs. I switched to the 19x10 and the crosshair were there. If anybody have got any other solution please share.

Well yeah that’s right 3 monitors –no crosshairs and 1 monitor will give crosshairs, I was having the sam issue I purchased this game on the date of release i.e. 19th of April and I was looking for the crosshair but there wasn’t any then I lowered the resolution to 1600x900 and I set it to wo windowed without border, and after this I was able to get the crosshair, don’t worry mate this is a issue with all the systems you are not the only one. My system configuration is Windows 7 64bit, Core i7-920 @ 2.66GHz, x64, 16GB of DDR3 RAM,2x 5870 / Crossfire running on eyefinity 6048x1080p (3x 23").

Guys thanks a lot for replying so quickly, I know this not a major issue with the game but still this should be in the user hand to set crosshair or not. After posting this query on other sites where I got very less replies compared to this site, but the conclusion this game is having a bug after looking at all the posts because for 3 monitors there is no crosshair, I guess many users have reported this problem to the developers, hope they will fix it soon, Anyways guys thanks a lot.