Thread: Portal 2 Crashed suddenly at launch

Portal 2 Crashed suddenly at launch

I just got Portal 2 and installed the same on my PC. All went nicely the setup and everything. The game does not freezes while setup. After end of setup I restarted my system and then double clicked on the icon of Portal 2. The game launched with an intro screen and crashed on the menu. Second that the game just stayed freezes over the intro screen. I restarted my system to check that whether might be some issue. But again after that the same issue. This game hardly stays on my screen and just get crashed after the launch. I am not getting any help regarding the same. Should I run it on a compatibility mode

Re: Portal 2 Crashed suddenly at launch

The issue can be due to some security application blocking the launch. Do you get a UAC poppup on your screen when were installing or trying to run the setup. If you had set your firewall on then you might need to add the game under its exception list. The firewall might be the service which is blocking your game. For this go in Control panel and look for the firewall. Double click on the same and then go under exception list. Add the game in the same list and reboot once. Then try back running it.

Disable your antivirus service for sometime. Because it can be due to the antivirus program which does not have registered files in it database. I was facing the same issue with COD before when I launched it nothing happens just a black screen blinks for some time. After going through various trouble shooting solutions I found disabling the antivirus fixes the issue mostly. So just for an try disable your firewall as well as your antivirus service for sometime and run the game.

Portal 2 is an high end video game which needs a better system resource to run. It is possible that your system might be low on what hardware requirement is needed by the game. Check first that you have a enough ram for the same. The game needs a graphic card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support. So if your system does not meets the requirement then just have a look on the same. Second go in Task Manager and in msconfig. Stop all the unnecessary services that eats your system resources. Then try to run the game back again.