Thread: Portal 2 keeps crashing every 10-15 minutes

Portal 2 keeps crashing every 10-15 minutes

My problem is: I click on the icon to launch the game, and after a few seconds, the game restarts. When I get on the Windows desktop says it has recovered from a serious error. It is the only game I crash right now, so I thought it could possibly come from my configuration. In fact, I played without worries Portal 2 when I bought it, namely on a64 3200 + / 1 GB / ATI X800XL. Here's a much more recent configuration that I had not tried Portal 2, which consists of a q6600 2 GB, ATI HD2900XT 512. And still facing the similar problem please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to get rid of the problem

Re: Portal 2 keeps crashing every 10-15 minutes

Well the first thing I would like to know here is that from where you have took the game I mean what is the exact source in doing it that is either you downloaded it from somewhere or it is the official copy. If you have downloaded the game from anywhere else the you need t see whether there is the issue related with because it happens if the game is downloaded from any untrusted and free site then it definitely provided you the corrupted copy of the game.

I want you to just follow the below mentioned steps and see whether they help you out in this case or not while you will ask me the then it should definitely work.
    • Go to program files/steam/steam apps/common/portal 2
    • RIGHT click the portal application
    • Click troubleshoot incompatibility issues
    • Run portal 2

Well this is the common issue which is related with all the latest game and then lots of users are dealing with it. So now what I want you to do here is that just check out the system specification of game I mean check whether your computer is satisfying the same and if it not then make your system so that it satisfies all the requirements of the game and then only install it on the system. I hope that doing the same will definitely help you to get rid of the issue.

If you will ask me then this is the issue which is related with the game only or the copy of the game that you are using. Now what I want from you is just try and uninstall the game that you have on the system and then gave it an another chance by reinstalling the same. I am sure that doing so you will not get any problem unless and until you are installing the proper copy of the game. I hope that you are getting my point and you will be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I've had a similar problem. It was working fine for quite a while then all of a sudden started crashing as soon as I tried opening it. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling, that did nothing. I tried just deleting the save date but that didn't help either.

Beothuk, I went to follow your advice but right-clicking on the application didn't give me the option of troubleshooting.

Delaware, how would I check if the computer is "satisfying" the game?