Thread: How to get rid of Screen glitches and ERROR's on Portal 2 game?

How to get rid of Screen glitches and ERROR's on Portal 2 game?

Guys I like Postal 2 game very much, I play this game mostly on the weekends I am playing this game from last one week and the problem is now I get lower frame rates on the game and voice skipping as well as game lock-ups. I have got the errors on my console like “prop_paint_bomb at (map coordinates here) has no model name!” and “[Blobulator] Recycling fragments to draw to prevent deadlock. Expect visual corruptions. Report this issue.” I have done bit research on goggle but I didn’t find any result. Please help how to fix it.

Re: How to get rid of Screen glitches and ERROR's on Portal 2 game?

First of all thank you guys for posting this query because even I am getting the same error message as well as lower frame rate, sometimes game lock-ups and there is also issue with audio sometimes voice skiping and Stuttering. I have searched a lot about this thing on Google but no one have any idea how to resolve that issue, I like this game very much please help us out, if anybody have got any solution or suggestion please share, Thank you.

Guys in my point my view I think it’s a issue due to the system configuration or the physics Processes for the blobs which ran through the CPU. For that guys may be the core system is issue so if you don’t have a quad core system, your game or screen will slow down. And I heard that the game developers have said that to run it properly we have to multi-thread it through the CPU’s for the consoles. So guys you need high configuration to play this game without any error or slow down issue.

Yeah even I think the above user is right regarding the Postal 2 graphics issue because by default the graphics settings are set for a system which a good gaming configuration but on other system there will be some issue on it, I personally experienced it. I have Phenom 2x4(3.2Ghz), 9800GT and 4GB of 1300Mhz RAM. and I play games with every graphics settings on its maximum. And I face slow down or stuttering with the blobs whenever I set the portals up in a way that allows the blobs regularly pool up in the Portals.

Hey guys obviously it’s happening because of the graphics configuration and for that changing the configuration of the system will cost a lot to a user so instead of that game user just have to change few settings to play this game without in distraction in between and the thing they have to do is in the “Effects Details” turn down it from “High” to the “Medium” or “Low”. But if you don’t want to sacrifice with the graphics then you have to set r_paintblob_max_number_of_threads to 1. Just try it,

Hey guys thanks a lot for the suggestions, I don’t have high gaming configured system. That’s why after reading few posts in the start I was bit afraid that may be I won’t be able to play this game on my system without any distraction. But after reading the last post, I applied the specific settings and then there was hardly any issue or the error while playing the game and game speed also become normal. So guys, thanks a lot for taking concern on my query.