Thread: Is there any way to extract Soundtrack in Portal 2?

Is there any way to extract Soundtrack in Portal 2?

I was just playing this game and just came across a thought. What I was thinking was that I was just wondering if there is a way to extract Portal 2 Soundtrack in Portal 2. I don't know if the CGFscape works for this as I cannot find the actual Portal 2 content folder. But if anyone has the knowledge then do get back to me on this as I am very much eager to know the solutions for this issue. So please do get back to me immediately.

re: Is there any way to extract Soundtrack in Portal 2?

I would say that the CGFscape does not indeed work. I think that what you can do is that you can locate the steam followed by the steam applications. Once you go there then you should go to the common folder.Here once you enter in this then you need to do in the portal 2.Once you go there then just do to the pak01_dir.vpk.Here the Sound folder has almost all the music, ambiance and incidental tracks.And then all the job will be done properly without any problem.So this is what you need to follow to solve the query that you are facing right now.

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that the procedure that is being mentioned previously is the proper solution .But along with that I would like to add that I felt that it was a little bit incomplete. What I mean to say is that I can't seem to find the Turret Choir file. So for that reason I feel that you will have to do just ponder a bit to find the specific music you are looking for of course.So this is what I feel and I suppose that this will work for me.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this is something that have been really useful to me.I just went through the solutions that I have been provided and would say that they will definitely work for me. Also I would say that if there are any other solutions other than this then please do get back to me so that it will provide me with lot more options that what I currently have.

I personally feel that the reason you can't find the music for the Turret Symphony is because that the whole ending sequence is a predefined video and is located in the same path that is being mentioned before. So according to me what you can do is that you can go ahead with the RAD video tools to convert the video to a WAV file and then edit it down to how much you wish for and then put it in an audio editor like Audacity. This is what I did and feels that even you should follow this and I am sure that you will be successful after using it.

Re: Is there any way to extract Soundtrack in Portal 2?

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given.I just worked on then and I used the same procedure that was mentioned out there and it did work properly for me.I just followed the same steps that were mentioned out there and would say that now I can extract the sound properly.I don’t have any worries at all.So I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided me as it helped me to solve the issues that I was facing.