Thread: Chell seems 30 years younger in Portal 2

Chell seems 30 years younger in Portal 2

I have been waiting for this game from a long time and was just eager to play this game.Now that I have got it I am very much happy with it. I have been playing it a lot since the time I have got the game.So while playing the game what I have noticed is that the appearance of Chell looks totally different.They now have black hair that is graying vs. brown hair and also they are visibly younger by a couple of decades. So what do you all think about this.Please do reply to me as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Chell seems 30 years younger in Portal 2

I just had a look at the question and really found it very interesting. I do feel that this is something that even I have noticed and do completely agree with you on this point.But I have a reason for this and I do feel that this is something because the Portal 1 was a small game with no huge expectations.And after the success of Portal 1 I think that they had to make something like this to stay with the expectations of all people.SO this is the reason why I do feel that the Chell seems to be younger in Portal 2.

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I just went through the solution that you have put up and would say that even I do agree with you. This can be a valid reason why they have made the portals look younger .Also I would say that the valve has never really used as everyday faces to make the game believable and well known. But at the same time I feel that they made her visibly younger and made the blank expression and gray eyes on the face.

Yes this is something that definitely seems to be a valid point.The Chells suddenly looks a lot younger that the look they had in the Portal 1.But I guess this is something that is good for the game.I think that if they are made younger with a couple of decades then there is no harm in it. Also I would say that the only visible difference is that in Portal 1 is that her hair is frizzy and definitely it has something to do with the relaxation chamber for so long.So this is what I feel.And taking the point ahead I also feel that the first Chell model was bad. They just made a good one.

I feel that the reason why the Chell seems 30 years younger in Portal 2 is because the amount of fat she has gained contains all the necessary nutrients and minerals to keep that skin looking young. Maybe this is the reason why they have really made her look so younger that before.Also I do feel that it just seems like it's just a graphic change. I don't see any graying hair.And this is the actual reason why she just looks so young that before.But even I would be really amazed to see a few more reasons that this as to know why Chell looks more younger.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you all have provided to me. I just went through them and would say that this is something that I was looking for. I was really looking for some solutions on this issue.But in case if there are any more solutions to this then definitely get back to me as even I am like all others just excited to know that this is something that is begin done purposely or not.So I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided to me on this topic.