Thread: Need some information on Crysis 2 CPU Performance

Need some information on Crysis 2 CPU Performance

There is still hard to figure out the performance output of the game Crysis 2. This game is has made one of the most resource intensive games and I had found on very less system about this. How this works and what is the output of different cpu and gpus on this. This game is one of the best game to test the optimum hardware output. I think the system which can run this game, can work smoothly on any of the other games also. Does anyone has any idea about the same. Thanks.

Re: Need some information on Crysis 2 CPU Performance

Some time before there was a performance analysis of Crysis 2 Beta was released out to give users an overview of this game and it impact on the current graphic cards performance. It is clear that there is an better requirement needed for this game. There is quiet an interesting analysis that is provided which provides more lite over the performance of the game. You must go and read the same. There are around 15 CPUs and 18 GPUs tested for the game.

Yes I had too found a similar comparison on the internet for the same. It is nicely mentioned that the cpu starting from Athlon X2 Dual-Core 250, to a Phenom II X6 1075T are tested and worked fine. There are certain more cards tested on the same. It is found the game is really a very resource intensive. You might need to have a higher system configuration to play the game, or else the same is just as dream for a low config system.

The analysis done for the same is really big. You have to go through 9 pages reading about each and every benchmark. Whoever made that must have a lot time. The testing just allows you to get information on the gpus and cpus that are able to compete the games performance. Well I do not think to deal with todays game everyone must throw out this old system and buy a intel core i7 system with 4 way gpu support. That is really not acceptable.

Crysis 2 uses very well consumes processors with four processing threads. Those cpus who are limited to two threads or comes out without Hyper-Threading can give a output of black screen. There is quiet a difference noticeable between high, very high and extreme performance. You can get a big difference in shadows, Anti-Aliasing and LOD. The main thing that lies in the matter is the highest screen resolution that you can get. It is difficult to miss a shot without DirectX 11.

It is not really worth to read out such benchmarks if you are planing to get some basic home support. I play games like COD and Wow and my systems work smooth with them. Sometime it troubles me somewhere which can be fixed by the driver update and that's it. I do not play really high end games. Anyhow I have branded gaming system which has its own gpu and cpu support. That is quiet more than enough.