Thread: Encountered with crashing plane bug in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Encountered with crashing plane bug in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I have been playing this game from am long time and just love playing it very much.But uptill now I didn’t come across any problem with this game at all. But now suddenly I have started to come across some issues with this game. And it is annoying me a lot. The issue is that I encounter with the crashing plane while playing this game.And I heard that this is some kind of bug that is causing me this problem.So can anyone tell me what the problem is and also let me know the solution for this problem.

Re: Encountered with crashing plane bug in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Yes this is some kind of problem that is faced by me too but I have heard that this is the way it goes and this is not any kind of bug. So I guess that this is the same with many people and would say that we just have to go with it.Also there is another bug that I came across and that is in the quick mission hawking bomber intercept I came in to land and the rest of the flight formed up and crashed all around me as i touched down. Was this SIM even tested at all? This is really annoying.But I guess that this game has some more such glitches present.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I would be completely surprised to know that this isn’t a kind of bug that is present.I surely feel that there is something wrong with this game. The thing is that if you shoot down the lead plane in a group all the rest try to keep formation as it's going down. So sometimes they level out before it's too late but quite a lot of the time they are just present to their doom too.So this what it does and I seriously do feel that this is a kind of bug that is creating the problem to all.

I think that there is no specific solution to this issue and as said before that you just have to go by the rules or whatever you call them. This is something that is prescribed by the people who made this game and there is no point in just pondering over this. When I landed and saw that my whole squad has crashed next to me I was like laughing out really loud.I have never seen such thing ever in my life but this is something that I saw for the first time here.

According to me what I have seen is that when you try to give them orders then it doesn’t do anything .It completely stops over there .I have even played the previous IL-2 Sturmovik and over there they replied instantly and started to approach the field in order but now nothing. This is really annoying that there is no such a specific solution to this issue.And even I feel that this is the way we need to proceed in this game. I can understand that this game has some graphical errors but this is whole another case.

Thanks a lot people for replying. Now at least they would come to know about this and then hopefully they will make some changes to remove this glitch. I hope that they respond to this immediately.But till that time I guess that we just have to play the game as we have been playing it as if now.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions as they have helped me a lot to know about this game and I feel that this is something which needs to addressed immediately.