Thread: Tweaks to improve FPS in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

Tweaks to improve FPS in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

Recently I have got a copy of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover. After installing this game in my gaming rig I have started it playing well. At that I have notices that the framerate is very low which is not good for this game. The framerate doesn’t seem to be stable in the game. Every 10 minutes I experience a slight lag in the game. I know that this is due to this FPS issue. I want to increase the framerate anyhow for this game. Does anybody know any kind of tweaks or tricks to increase the framerate? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Tweaks to improve FPS in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover

Huge development in framerate and, fatefully, in plummeting the quantity of stuttering while flying in excess of land, particularly by the use of nomipmaps mod that Kegetys put in to that post only some minutes ago. Unluckily, the notes the nomipmaps mod undergoes from huge texture aliasing which I think for the majority people will create it an impracticable answer in the long-run. Though, it does point to the fundamental cause of the stuttering issue which must assist either the developers otherwise dedicated third-party tinkerers determine the issue regarding the framerate in the game.

The textures inside the game are "excessively huge", that's the trouble. The fix is not to decrease your resolution, except to decrease the texture sizes. Dropping the texture resolution will subordinate the in general image superiority just a bit, on the further side, dipping your resolution will have a huge blow in your IQ (bad if you utilize a LCD monitor). Through the mod (lowtex as well as nossao) fix I’ve achieved 25fps and fewer stutters, exclusive of whichever visible reduce in IQ.

The manner I gaze at this is it provides the Developers team options they can apply to create the game performance considerably superior very rapidly, and have those fixes executed before the major launch. I can promise you that Luthier as well as the Developer's are left of lots of effects that can be optimized seriously and advance performance, except most of those stuff will take much of exertion and Developer time. Somewhat like this can create a vast dissimilarity in the reviews the game will obtain and the straight effect sales, while additional problems can be determined and enhanced in the background.

From my examining SHADOWS must be turned to OFF, the presentation strike is just not value it. 100fps turned toward 70fps through the barely distinction being the shadow setting. AA doesn't appear to offer much for the performance thump moreover. A few of the additional settings you might too go elevated for the reason that the performance dissimilarity among low as well as high is extremely small whereas the look dissimilarity is incredibly big. By the use of similar Quick mission repeatedly whilst changing one thing at a point let's you observe the distinction.

As far as I know that there are no such tweaks, hacks or tricks available in the game to increase the frame rate. However the FPS performance in completely depends upon the system capability and power. If your system or gaming rig hardware is capable to thrust the game performance then you will surely get the good FPS point without any doubt. So just make sure that your system is more than the game’s minimum requirement.

Originally Posted by buzzard in "All Aircraft
    Maybe it's a no brainer now, I see a number of posts on the subject. I had to post to share my good find - I eliminated the splash screen

Go to Steam>Steamapps>Common>IL2-Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover>Parts>Gui.

Then rename logo.wmv.
    It seems that the Ubisoft Logo changes your machine into 2D to display yhe splash screen, but remains that way when the game starts.

The results were extraordinary. I like so many others, have suffered from poor frame rates on what i thought was a decent system (AMD BE Phenom II 3.4 Ghz, 8 gigs RAM, and 2 x 5830 in Crossfire, lame cards i know). Anyhow -- I dropped the splash screen and since my settings were so low from before, my frame counts were 200 frames per second and peaking to 240. I immediately went into the video settings and jacked everything up - I can run most 'quick' missions at 80+ frames per second, and even the dreaded London tourist, I can get around 40 fps with lots of buildings. Someone had written that the splash screen sets some cards in a 2D mode, and they don't exit. Clearly something like that is happening. Dropping the splash screen was the only change i made for massive performance increase. Yes, I have the latest patch.