Thread: Performance of Magicka is very low on my System

Performance of Magicka is very low on my System

I am not able to understand why the performance of Magicka is not improving on my system only. I have a 64Bit operating system with 2GB ram support and a Geforce gpu. My cpu is intel core i3. Now everything is well and nice here. I had downloaded the game from steam. After installation at first I faced a black screen issue. But that was solved later on. Then when I start the game the characters moves very slow on my mouse movement. My friends system has a 32 bit operating system and the only difference is that he has additional 2GB ram. But this game works nice. I saw the video of the game on youtube and comparing to that my game is very low on the same. What can I do here to increase the performance.

Re: Performance of Magicka is very low on my System

The game also run very choppy on some systems. There is no reason behind that. I found this issue common with those who had downloaded it from steam. You can properly checkout all your system specs and information so that you can get more proper information on that. I can also be due to outdated graphic card driver. Always do this first whenever you face a slow game issue update your graphics card drivers. This fixes most of the issue of the video game.

In my system for some while the game stutters. I have a good performance system and I had done with all updates. The game is launched nicely and when I play for some couple of hours the game stutters in between. On checking I found that this was due to my cpu heating. It is getting overheated very soon when I play this game. I changed my cooling and now the issue is resolved. Try to low down your system resolution and check back again.

This is a know issue with the game which does not works properly on some systems. I found a number of users complaining for that. There is a patch for that. But I am not sure where to find the same. The game gives out choppy performance on high end systems and this is really annoying.To some extent it is recommended to run the game on lower resolution and also if possible on Window mode. You can check the same and then try back.

Stuttering is a common issue with high end video games at the start. This is due to the graphic engine support. You can fix the same by updating the video drivers and even getting new patch for the gpu. I find smooth performance on the same by reducing the resolution of the game. You can manage a problem less gameplay on 60fps and on resolution 1920x1080. The issue lies with the game shadows. If the settings are high on the same then the game will lag in between. Try to look for the patch.

I don't think there is any kind of actual fix for this. For me the game work well in window mode and nothing else. There is a annoying black border on the screen which is a bit annoying for the eyes on a wide screen monitor. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series gpu on my system with 6GB ram support. My system is also a 64 bit operating system. Now on that the lowest settings are 800x600 and even on this the game lags a bit sometime. There is some bug in the game which is causing the issue.