Thread: Magicka is not working on my system

Magicka is not working on my system

I was waiting to play Magicka from weeks. And now recently when I got the game and I am getting crash erro on this. I am not getting proper solution for that. When I run the game I get a error code on the screen saying System.InvalidOperationException. I do not know the entire message but this looks mostly the issue with the graphic support of my system. The error defined some issue related to the pixel size and other multisampling type. Currently the resolution that I am using is 2560 x 1600. I did not performance any re-installation and other things. My system has GeForce 8800 GTS graphic card with 4GB ram support. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit operating system. Thanks.

Re: Magicka is not working on my system

The problem looks some kind of issue with the screen resolution. You will need to fix the same. First do one thing try to reduce the resolution of your screen to 1920 x 1200 and then run the game. Then later on if you still face the error it is better to re-install it. You can check the same by changing different screen resolution from display properties. The game is fine and till yet there is not much bugs found on the same. The issue simply lies with the resolution. Your system specs are also enough strong to meet the game requirements.

This looks like a bug in the game. Some kid of graphic bug. Did you tried looking for some kind of patch. If there is nothing providing then update your gpu drivers. Disable all the background services in the back and then run the game back again. Mostly the issue will be fixed by getting the most appropriate resolution settings. Update the system drivers first and then check back again. Try to run some latest drivers patches. I had found the game working well on a lower resolution without much error and issue.

I have a Dell gaming laptop and I had found that many of the game including Magicka is not working. My laptop has two integrated gpu support. I had bought this laptop especially for gaming support and right now I am facing issue on this. I had found in my control panel settings some weird options. In the Nvidia Control Panel under manage 3D settings what to choose for preferred graphics processor. By default the settings there is auto. So should I set the same to an single gpu. But this does not looks any relation to the games crashing.

I got Magicka from steam. It was finely downloaded without any issue. When I click on that to play the game there is a window which appears on the screen. The game when launched gave me a black screen on the desktop. Whenever I clicked on that it gives a black screen and nothing else. I am not able to figure out the reason behind this that what is actually happening to my system. I had not noticed is ever before on any games.

I have a little fix for that, which can help you. There is an small utility that can guide you to fix the game error. For that you have to go in the C drive of your Windows. Go in Program file and then click on Steam. Then open the steam apps folder and click on common. After that go in magick and click on Dependencies. In that you can see a file named xnafx31_redist dotnetfx35. Double click that and install run the installer. After that reboot your system once and check back again.

There might be issue with support for lower grade cards. Check properly that your computer fits with the need of the game. This is because there are some additional support coming in the game and they does not work with all the system. I am exhausted with various troubleshooting things on the Steam support. There might be some kind of patch which will be released soon for the same.Try to run the same in compatibility mode of your system.