Thread: How to backup the saved files of super meat boy game?

How to backup the saved files of super meat boy game?

The question says it all. I am very eager to know how to do a back up of all the saved files in the super meat boy game. Just in case if the system crashes or if the game is not working then I will get the option to recover all the lost files. However re installation can also be one of the method for this process but I want to know the backup method. So anyone having any idea on how to do it then please do let me know about it. Since I have not heard about this method from anywhere. I am hoping that at least you all can help me in this. So do reply fast I am waiting.

Re: How to backup the saved files of super meat boy game?

Well there is an easy solution for you here. Basically what you have to do is that you need to copy the super meat boy folder and after having done that you will have to paste it in the dropbox. This is the best method that you can try here and I must say that it would be very helpful for you. So do follow it accordingly. At present this is what the best solution that I can give it to you. So do accordingly work on it and get back to me if this solution helps you or not.

Ok, I have done the re installation part and surprisingly it is working really well with the saved files intact. One thing that I would like to ask here is that can I use only the save file as a backup while playing the game. I know I am asking a bit more but these type of silly questions do come in to my mind and hence I think of clarifying with you all. So that’s why I want to know would it be possible to backup and retrieve only the saved file. So if you are having any response then do let me know about it.

See again there is a very simple solution for you. See when you copy the super meat boy folder; host it on the drop box, then after that you will have to paste it in the super meat boy folder. So that’s it nothing much to do extra. These are some of the simple steps that you must try and hence I would recommend you to use that method. Yes it is a very simple method do try it and you will be done. In case if you have any other doubts in your mind then please do clarify here.

According to me you must need to copy the user data folder and you would be able to backup only the saved data. Basically the userdata folder does contains both save games and replays and hence it is recommended to make use of the userdata folder if you want to make a backup of the saved game. So this is my suggestion and I am sure that it will perfectly suit for you. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

aditya123 Guest

Hi
    Copy the "super meat boy" folder.
    Host it on dropbox.

Thanks..

Ok thanks for the suggestion yes definitely I will have a look at all the steps that you have mentioned here and see to it that all the backup files are saved. Appreciate that you all have helped me with the responses that you have given here. I must say that it has helped me a lot. So thanks a lot for that and I will surely save the userdata and see to it that it gets saved. So thanks a lot for the help.