Thread: Super Meat Boy shows error while loading

Super Meat Boy shows error while loading

Hi, I recently purchased the Super Meat Boy game after reading reviews of the game on Internet. I installed the game in my PC which is running 64 bit Windows 7. The installation was done without any problem and was completely error-free. But when I tried running the game, I was surprised to get Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error. I am unable to understand what must have caused it to happen. Someone give me solution to overcome this problem. It will be appreciated.

Re: Super Meat Boy shows error while loading

Before installing any game, always make it a point to check the system requirements for that specific game. If the minimum requirements are not met, it is for sure that the game will show error while loading or it may crash without any error message. You can check for the minimum requirements in Internet on the official site of the game. Also make sure that no other application or program is hampering the performance of the game, or if the game is compatible with other applications installed in your system.

There is a possibility that the registry entry of the game must have got corrupted and that is why runtime error message is displayed every time when you try starting the game. Make sure that the game is installed and run from the Administrator account. You should try to uninstall the Visual C++ and reinstall the latest version of Visual C++ in your PC. You can also try to run the game in the Vista or XP compatibility mode and check if it works fine there or not.

I would suggest you to do these few basic checking. Check if your Graphic Card’s driver is installed and updated. If it is not then you should update it by installing the latest version of graphic drivers from your respective Graphic card type. Install the updated version of Direct X from its official website. After checking all of the above, Uninstall and then reinstall the game. Restart the system whenever it is prompted. Also delete those extra unnecessary background processes which are eating the system resource and thus hampering and minimizing the functioning of the game.

The same problem was faced by me a while back. Running the game in lowdetail by adding –lowdetail to the launch option helped me to overcome those prompts of Runtime error messages. You can do it by following these steps:
    • Right click the Super Meat Boy icon and choose the properties option.
    • Select the Set Launch Option button in the General tab of the Super Meat Boy properties window.
    • Type –windowed -1024x768 –lowdetail in the text field and click ok.

Hope it will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanInt View Post
    Before installing any game, always make it a point to check the system requirements for that specific game. If the minimum requirements are not met, it is for sure that the game will show error while loading or it may crash without any error message. You can check for the minimum requirements in Internet on the official site of the game. Also make sure that no other application or program is hampering the performance of the game, or if the game is compatible with other applications installed in your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
    I would suggest you to do these few basic checking. Check if your Graphic Card’s driver is installed and updated. If it is not then you should update it by installing the latest version of graphic drivers from your respective Graphic card type. Install the updated version of Direct X from its official website. After checking all of the above, Uninstall and then reinstall the game. Restart the system whenever it is prompted. Also delete those extra unnecessary background processes which are eating the system resource and thus hampering and minimizing the functioning of the game.
    This thread is now 3 weeks old, but I just had to bump it in order to express my displeasure with these two incredibly unhelpful, generic, seemingly automated responses. I purchased a copy of Super Meat Boy and experienced the same problems as those pointed out by the creator of this thread. This was one of the first forums I searched for answers, and rather than helpful, game-tailored information I found the responses listed above. "Before installing, make sure your system meets the requirements." "Update your video drivers." "Update DirectX." "Uninstall, the reinstall the game." Seriously? Are you even trying? It's one thing to provide solutions to specific problems, but to increase your post count by spouting generic information every time someone has a very specific error with the game is not helpful. The solution to the problem is as simple as adding "-windowed" to the game's Launch Options in Steam. The game will begin in windowed mode at which point you can change the resolution in the in-game options, then revert to fullscreen. The reason you must perform this work-around is due to the root of the problem itself: Upon installation, the game tends to set itself at a screen resolution higher than your PC supports; and as a result, it crashes instantly.

Thank you for your time. And most importantly, thanks for completely wasting mine.