Thread: Running cod 2 on windows 7 gives APPCRASH error

Running cod 2 on windows 7 gives APPCRASH error

Friends, I am getting the APPCRASH error on my computer whenever I try to run the cod 2 on it. I have installed the windows 7 on my PC. I am also having the Nvidia graphic card installed in it. There is no problem while running any of the other applications installed on my computer but whenever I try to run the COD2 on it then it simply crashes the game and shows me the APPCRASH error. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved. If you are having any idea that how to get out of the issue then please help me with your suggestion. I will appreciate each and every reply on this. Thank you.

Re: Running cod 2 on windows 7 gives APPCRASH error

I think that the problem is with the Compatibility and that is the reason that you are getting this problem with the game. If you want to check that then you will have to troubleshoot the Compatibility. If you want to do that then right click on the desktop icon of the COD 2 and then select Troubleshoot Compatibility. After that just follow the onscreen instructions for that and see what it can do for you.

You will have to verify the lowest system requirement for the game. Each game has a lowest system requirement that have to be satisfied by means of the computer. If minimum system obligation of the game is not satisfied by the computer then game will not run correctly on it. I believe the configuration of computer is not satisfying minimum system necessities of game because of which game is crashing. Verify minimum system obligation of game and if the computer is not satisfying the minimum system requirements then don’t attempt to run the game because it might injure the computer.

If you are having the security software's running on your computer then they might be the cause at the back of game crashing. Every security software has the propensity to obstruct some unidentified process to execute on the computer. This is to stop some virus to run scripts devoid of the user’s authorization. As a result of this propensity sometimes the processes that are started through the users are as well blocked. To resolve such difficulty you ought to move process of game toward trusted applications catalog of browser. Once completed the process is taken to trusted applications list then application will not block and therefore will not crash.

As you have given that you are having the Nvidia graphic card installed on your computer. I would like to tell you that Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured for executing high graphics application. This configuration clash through some games that results to game not executing correctly. So you ought to configure graphic card correctly so as to run game without any difficulty. If you wish to configure graphic card then open graphic properties and choose Manage 3D settings. After that highlight triple buffering as well as choose Force off. Underline Anistropic filtering and choose Force off. Highlight Vertical sync as well as choose Force off. Once all settings are completed then save the settings. See if that helps you.

After reading your post, I think that the problem is with the graphic driver which is installed in your computer. I think that the installed graphic driver is either corrupted or not functioning properly and that that is the main reason that the game is not running on your computer. My suggestion to you is to install the updated driver on your computer and then try to run the game. I am not saying that this is the only problem with this but it can be considered as one of the most possible for this.

There might be many reasons for this issue but there are some main reasons for this problem that normally comes out to be true. So I am listing them and you can check it in your case and proceed for the solution accordingly.
    • Update video drivers
    • Update sound drivers
    • Clean install COD5 with nothing else running
    • DirectX web update