Thread: Game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I have been waiting for this game to get launched from a long time and was very eager to play this game. So as soon as this game got launched I got this game immediately. Once I got this game I went on to play this game. But over here the problem occurred. The issue was that I am not able to start with the game. The game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting. So does anyone know the solution to this issue? If yes then do get back to me immediately.

Re: Game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I just went through the question and saw the issue that you are facing. I think that this is a problem that is faced by many people who are bought this game. I think that the issue might be with the minimum requirement that is must to play this game. And I guess that your system is not supporting that. So I feel that first you need to check the minimum requirement of the game and then check if it matches your requirement. I guess after that your problem will be solved immediately.

Re: Game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Even I am having a similar kind of issue where I am facing this problem. I would tell you that I have an Nvidia GT330M on my Toshiba Laptop with 4GB RAM. When I start the game I get to see the menu but I don’t get to see the pilots and the planes that are present. Also when I load the mission then it loads a bit but after that it suddenly gets stuck. So I don’t know that what the problem is. According to me I have the minimum requirements fulfilled.

I think that there must be some problem in the way you have installed the game. I feel that you need to make sure that have installed the proper programs that is needed for IL-2 Sturmovik to run. Also you need to be sure that after you install the game completely you need to reboot the computer .So these are some important steps that you need to carry out and after that I am sure that your problem will be solved immediately.

The game crashes after being launched and this is really a worry to me.I have invested a lot in this game and now this is giving me the problems. I saw whether other games are working fine or not and there was no problem with them. But when trying to run this game the launcher crashes. Also I got the information that Windows 7 version doesn’t support Direct x 9.0c. So will I be able to play this game? And if no then are there any chances of getting the refund back?

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided. I did went through then but I haven’t tried them .I would tell you that I have already met the minimum requirements for this game. So clearly that is not the issue. But maybe I might have went somewhere wrong in the process of installation. So I need to check that and I hope that my problem will be solved after that .So I would like to thank you all once again for all the solutions that you provided to me as they have helped me a lot.