Thread: Video games running slow in Sony Vaio laptop

Video games running slow in Sony Vaio laptop

Hi, I am using Sony Vaio laptop which is having Intel Pentium p6000 processor (1.86 GHz) with 320GB Hard disk and 2 GB ram. By yesterday, I was able to play video games like fifa 11, AOE, WoW smoothly withput any trouble and lags on my laptop. But when I started playing those games today, I was surprised to face these weird problems. All of a sudden the games have started to run slow on my laptop. Also it has started making lots of noise and heat. What can be the reason behind this? Please help me out.

Re: Video games running slow in Sony Vaio laptop

As you said that the problem started all of a sudden from today morning only, I guess your system must be infected by some virus. Or some virus must have corrupted your game files. It is also possible that yesterday you must have installed or updated some program which must not be compatible with your respective game. And the conflict with some other program may be hampering the normal functioning of your game. These may be the few things which must be reason behind your game getting slow.

You said that lots of noise and heat is produced. I think lots of dust and dirt must have got collected in your system and the cooling fan. Check for overheating. Also check for unnecessary processes or programs running in background while you are playing the game. It is highly possible that some unnecessary process must be eating your resources causing the game to slow down. Delete those processes if not required. It might help you a bit in speeding up the game then.

I would suggest you to check if the latest version of DirectX is installed in your laptop. If not then download the latest version of DirectX from Internet and install it in your system. And most importantly check for the installed Motherboard and graphics card driver. Check if they are updated latest version. If not then download and install the latest version of driver for your motherboard as well as your graphics card. Hope you will be able to rectify your problem by doing these few steps.

I would suggest you to first check the minimum system requirements needed to run the game in your system. If the specifications are too high for your laptop then you will be facing this problem unless you match up the specified requirements. You can try playing the game by reducing the game settings, like playing in low or medium graphics. Also I would suggest you to include a graphic card in your system because the integrated GPU might not be sufficient enough for the game.