Thread: Why suddenly Crysis 2 has stopped working on my system

Why suddenly Crysis 2 has stopped working on my system

I am having a bit issue while playing Crysis 2. It is not working. I am having bit issue with game crashing. I am able to play till Mission 16. But as soon as the mission is over the game just crashed up at the end. And I am not able to move ahead. There is a short cinematic that load up I think that the end of 16 level. I am not able to go ahead. It is just crashing constantly. What should I do to fix the issue.

It looks this game has some issue. It is not going above that level and keeps on crashing. Just to check I had played everything back again from scratch. but the same issue appear and it failed to work. I am going to re-install the game. I am sure that this will fix the problem. But this will cause me to loose all the mission I had played. I hope there will be some patch or update that can make this thing more stable.

There are chances that any internal game file or cinematic is corrupted. Try to skip the cinematic and try back. This would be enough to fix the issue. I got this problem long back on GTA. The game just crash in between and I was not able to go ahead. This only happen whenever there are some cinematic. Re-install really fixed the issue. There must be some kind of repair option in it. This would help to make the game more better.

looks like nobody really knows...

I see where this is a yr old but I just got the game and having the same issue after the first save....now on launch it stops when you hit resume game....looks like so far no one has come up with a fix...and I'm sure everybody just didn't quit and trash the game.....some body throw me a bone...
    Sam~

Re: Why suddenly Crysis 2 has stopped working on my system

It can be a driver issue. Where your video driver is not able to initiate the game graphics. Did you checked the system requirement of game. Does it matches with your system. Update your Video driver for a while and then check back. Till yet there is no patch release for this issue. So we might try to run some manual troubleshooting steps with our own hand.

Re: Why suddenly Crysis 2 has stopped working on my system

What I have gleaned to this point is that there is something causing the ''save'' part of the game to completely shut it down, in otherwords when I get killed it looks for a place to restart and it is not there...other than that the game itself plays fine and looks great.

I know some wag is going to say ''Thats easy to fix, just don't get killed''......but.....

As far as the graphics go I got the latest greatest from the vendor (HP) now that is another story in itself, I have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 & HD 5470 switchable cards along with Phenom II Dual Core CPU and good ole AMD does not support switchable GPUs even though they make the darn things and HP hasn't released the newer AMD Vision Engine Control Center that replaces the Catalyst Control Center and I have tried to put the newer one in from (AMD 12-3 version I believe it is) and it caused all sorts of problems and ended up starting all over again with what the vendor released....and that was done while the display drivers were unchecked in the installer....because AMD only has ' generic ' DDs...aka 4200 series and 5400 series updates and they flat don't work and although I have a working Vison Engine it really doesn't have a big effect on games because I have it set to let the application run the graphics and dial in a game from the game settings which overall works good....and believe me I have tried to tweak the graphics from the control center...

So that being said... the problem as I see it is in the .exe files that restart the game from the last saved point...in order to play it I have to manually go and start it from one point back from where I was killed and play through til I get killed again....the good news is.... I know what not to do the second or third ad nauseum time...the bad news is... it is a royal PITA.....btw the multi-player works fine also and lets don't get started on that mess.

Thanks for responding Halle
    Sam~
    Last edited by tazmo8448; 12-04-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: edit spelling