Thread: Unable to access a map editor in Worms Armageddon on windows vista

Unable to access a map editor in Worms Armageddon on windows vista

Hello, I played Worms Armageddon on Windows XP for years and 5 months ago, I moved to Vista. Since the switch to Vista, I had no worms set up awaiting previous week. I put in the worms, applied the way V1 to V3, then the last v3.6.29.0 patch. The game works very well at 1920x1200 declarations; on the other hand there are troubles when trying to access the map editor. The first time I right click on the map to contact the map editor, the game stopped to the desktop. I tried once more time but it did not take place. I often view showing a balloon in my taskbar saying Data Execution Prevention (DEP) has stopped up down worms (somewhat about memory usage improper or somewhat). I faced this strange as what time I put in Vista 5 months ago; I used a run command to disable DEP forever.

Re: Unable to access a map editor in Worms Armageddon on windows vista

Leave DEP get on with it option 1; there are not a lot of programs out there that need DEP. I think it is well known that DEP sources old programs/games to fail lots since well, it stops the most common memory problem that live in Windows 9x and a pale few things back then depended on it . Including viruses, but vista and windows XP should be protected sufficient with no DEP protecting each piece of software. Also, put out of action Hardware DEP in your BIOS will more improve compatibility?

I had the similar kind of problem nearly seven week before and I believe the W:A does not load the image files at what time the map editor opens, it simply enumerates the file list. Could be some sort of stretching the image of shell? It would be nice if you could reduce the combination of parameter files, file caused the accident. I hope this information will help you to solve the problem. Else, you can see another option if you have anyone.

At what time map editor does crash, fifty percent of the time it crashes the moment I right click the map to contact the editor and fifty percent of the time it crashes as I choose a map on the drop down list. at what time it crashes what time I choose a map from the drop down list, many of the time it is a long dimension map, but it has happened on custom little maps too (the size of the defect). What I should to do for that.

Copy the file from the CD image of your W: A folder does not help. I mean it could go somewhere on the Internet to check if the file is fine. It is possible that the CD is copied with errors, and therefore the crashes. I determined the problem, because the accident occurred when the map editor was trying to load all the thumbnails on the map, and crashed while reading the file hospital directory. It is possible that the problem lies elsewhere and process files that caused the accident, however.