Thread: Tips for higher quality audio for Worms Armageddon

Tips for higher quality audio for Worms Armageddon

I did not want to put this in the "Do you play Worms Armageddon without a CD? Thread because..well...that would be against rules. I ended up ripping and encoding audio CD PSX a long time, but I had not taken the time to write a small tutorial correctly yet. So here it is.

Grab the audio files you need

You can download the audio files you want on my website. The files are in FLAC, which means' Free Lossless Audio Codec. You can save files anywhere, as long as you can remember where (to avoid downloading files money several times, the cost of bandwidth). You should also keep their original names.

Re: Tips for higher quality audio for Worms Armageddon

Decode FLAC files to WAV again

Download the FLAC decoder from the direct link for Windows users if you are using windows os and start Installing the package.

• Open the FLAC Frontend, the shortcut should be in your Start menu.
    • Click "Add Files" (top right of the window), and locate and select the FLAC files.
    • Set the output directory 'text box to something you can remember. A new folder on the desktop will work fine.

Click "Decode". The interface is now launching a command line that contain information about the decoding process. The encoding process may take a while depending on the processor you have. Do not close this command prompt until you have completed IS JOB!

Click WA files using better sound quality : You can do this in two ways. One is to directly edit an ISO file of Western Australia, but this will require a tool that can change the ISO, as UltraISO. I have not found a program that is free, so I will not write a tutorial for that. The way we prefer to use is using WormKit CyberShadow and wkFileOverride.

1. Get a copy of WormKit. Follow the instructions that come with the program, and allow wkFileOverride placing it in the root directory of Washington.
    2. Open the \ Worms Armageddon \ DATA \ Arroyos. If this directory does not exist, create it.
    3. In this directory, put the WAV files decompiled from step 2.
    4. Perform WA WormKit.exe opening should be located in the \ Worms Armageddon phone. If you use shortcuts to launch your game, you must upgrade these to point to the WormKit.exe.
    5. Doing a happy dance!

• Small FAQs about Worms Armageddon.

Q: Why FLAC?
    A: Tests have shown personal FLAC has the best compression of WAV files. I decided that it is more difficult to extract a RAR file to decode FLAC files, so it should not be a problem. Little comparison: FLAC (level 8) makes the total of 375MB files. RAR (best compression mode) make the file size of 440mb.

Q: Why not just use DragonQ files, but you extract the audio?
    A: For three reasons: First of all your files are to be of lower quality than mine, and possibly transcoding (this is bad because you lose a lot of quality this way). Here are two pictures for spectral analysis: mine / DragonQ 's. Second, there are some songs are shorter than I have. Some of my songs are a mix longer (as opposed to standard PC CD). Here is a screenshot showing the difference. In third place, being that there was a lot of trouble to get yours. RAR on my server, I have damaged several times.

Q: How to get the files from the PSX to PC CD?
    A: I'm trying to extract music from a PSX game on my computer, and I want to encode to FLAC. The first step was to convert the *. XA to PCM WAV, which I did with the dll foo_adpcm Foobar. After this I had to upconvert the sampling frequency of 37800Hz to 44100Hz, FLAC otherwise would not be necessary and could have caused problems in the game (not test). I did it with Adobe Audition upconversion. The last step was to encode to FLAC, this was done with the compression ratio as possible. The conversion process should be almost no loss, only the sampling rate conversion can not be totally lossless. That concludes my little FAQ! Make another happy dance, beginners!

Major thanks go out to DragonQ for giving me the idea of doing this, and also the way he has tried to help out with uploading his files to the server. Shame it had to go wrong all the time. Also thanks to Lex, who helped with some research regarding the sample rate conversion.