Thread: Offline Play Authorization Bug in StarCraft 2

Offline Play Authorization Bug in StarCraft 2

For those not familiar with this error happens when you try to play StarCraft 2, while disconnected from the Internet. When you choose the option to play the online game an error message appear that says "Play offline requires permission. To play offline, connect to Battle.net to allow your game client. You also need at least StarCraft 2 a character count. “This message appears even if you have already registered the game on the website and / or gone online in the real game browser.

Re: Offline Play Authorization Bug in StarCraft 2

I've been playing online the past few days without any problems. Yesterday decided to install windows update and restart my comp in the middle of a game AI. Needless to say, I found the damn thing out. I tried to go back to SC2, but needs to re-authenticate, this would not be a difficulty if you have Internet access at home. I do not know if this is working as intended, but it seems strange that the files containing authentication data get corrupted during the game. SC2 is constantly reviewing the data in the background? I would be very surprised if Windows is changing something on my computer for this problem.

I have the same trouble too. My friend is able to play online, but I cannot even when I bought the retail version at the midnight launch. I have registered my b.net account, and I've tried reinstalling several times, even with different users, but still I cannot authenticate. We need a blue here as soon as possible. And I hope to be able to solve this problem in the next patch or something. It's a pain in the ass to constantly authenticate the galaxy editor to use the damn thing!

I have a laptop with Vista. I travel and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to play online. I have to connect to the internet and access my account through SC2, then I get disconnected and you can play online SC2, open and close as I want. However, if I close my laptop down (I have to) when I start a backup, is required to log in again before being able to play SC2. I'm terribly upset. This is not a payment for the game and had the intention to abuse their ability to play online. I will not be able to connect to where I go. This problem needs to be fixed fast or accumulated snow storm a lot of people angry about not having your money's worth.

Is everyone who is having this trouble through a wireless connection to the internet? If so, try connecting an Ethernet cable directly to the wall where the team is. Or if this is not possible, plug the cat 5 cable connected to the wall on the router labeled "Internet" and then connect another CAT 5 cable in "slot 1", with the other end is inserted into the computer. This fixed my problem. Wireless Internet use was my problem. The current Internet was working wirelessly just not StarCraft 2.

Same for me. I recently moved and trying to catch up on bills, so I have no internet at home yet. I have to drive to a Best Western to connect to your Wi-Fi, SC2 entrance, then drive you home so you can play (I'm on a laptop, Windows Vista). I am furious that SC2 is announced for the game online, and I am authenticated and everything and I pay $ 60 for a game they can enjoy while I'm waiting to go online. Blizz has to fix soon, this is ridiculous.

I never had a difficulty with the ability to play online or offline. I just downloaded the patch though and now I'm having this problem. I cannot play online even though they have an Internet connection. Blizzard needs to fix this problem or at least help their clients pay to fix this problem. I can only play this game on my days off, and this is one of them. I've played over 100 games online, the game has been authenticated. If this is a new feature that was added in the patch, please remove as soon as possible.