Thread: Region Restriction for Crysis 2

Region Restriction for Crysis 2

I need to ask you a few questions regarding the Crysis 2 Multiplayer game. I know that the full version of game has just released. Many people are still looking forward to buy this game anyhow but the problem is it was released only in US. I am living in Canada and I want to buy this game from the Amazon UK. I heard that there it is cheaper than other countries. So my question is, is there any kind of restriction for this game regarding the Crysis 2? If I can buy and download will it be enable me to add the retail key to the Steam? I am looking for a quick reply for these questions. So any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Region Restriction for Crysis 2

I don’t think that there will any issue if you buy the UK version if you are leaving in different country or different region. You can play the game in single player mode or offline. However the one thing really confusing is whether you can play the game in multiplayer mode or not. It might not be possible for you to connect to the server if you are in the different region. The crysis 2 uses the EA online and the game only connects to the server which resides or distributed for only that region. It could be an issue for you.

In my opinion I don’t think that it is a batter idea to get the game from other region. There could be major difference among the2 different region version game. You may not notice this thing in the single player game or offline mode. While you switch to the multiplayer game or mode you will notice several differences there. The game may not be able to connect to the server. One more thing is you need to register the game for multiplayer mode in order to connect to the server. If you are in a different region then you might not be able to register for that version of game.

As far as I know that the Crysis 2 makes use of EA online. For that you will need to create an EA account by registering in EA official site. While registering it may ask you to select the region. This profile or account will be evaluated when you try to connect to the server for multiplayer gameplay. However then you can play the game in UK and US server without any issue if you reside in those 2. Other than this I don’t think that it will be possible for you. As far as the Steam things concern you cannot enter the retail key because the game product number is different from your Steam downloaded game.

It is not possible for you to use the Retail key to the Steam version game for Crysis 2. The Retail version game key is only relying on its product because it is assigned with a unique product number. The key only accepts that product when it matches the number. When you use it with the Steam downloaded game it does not able to recognize game. If you have purchased the game from Steam then you need to buy the key through the same.

It is not a batter idea buy the game through the Amazon. No matter what cost it matter what cost it may be just buy the game from the retailer. In that package you will get the key also. You don’t need to register the game anymore. Furthermore if you get any issue with the installation of the game then you can replace the package and get a new one. But if you are buying through the amazon there will not be any guarantee about that game. In addition the Crysis 2 game is not compatible with Steam yet.