Thread: Enemies spawn out of nowhere in Dragon Age 2

Enemies spawn out of nowhere in Dragon Age 2

This was not even in Mass Effect 2; do not know how this idea realized an RPG with "strategic" battles? I mean, that appear from nowhere! They are not called! There is in most cases, no animation, where (like spiders) appear out of nowhere the roof! They just appear clearly and in most cases at the point where the Wizard will be maintained. In my estimation, this takes away from fascination in the game and steals many of the tactics of a battle game! I'm not beside the enemy-wave-System, but making them become visible out of nowhere and in most cases-so that a 4-adventurer of the group seems improper (Gate-style Baldur's 6-adventure-team to be consistent with this kind of battles, where 1.2 warriors are watching the weaker partners, but still should not be this.

Re: Enemies spawn out of nowhere in Dragon Age 2

I will copy and paste the above response (dontcha love to copy / paste Bioware?) Here's a great test for anyone who can do in the first 10 minutes of DA2. Make a magician. Pass the tutorial and create your personality. When you and your family are in the mountain road to defeat the first group of dark spawn. See how come the road in front of you and then hop into the pile of fire behind you. Now run down the road a bit more until the next group appears in front of you. Turn the camera around so you can see behind you. No need to see what is happening in front of you and you can only use the white button on cars. Now, unlike the first meeting, when a second wave appeared and climbed over rubble to reach you, where does this second wave comes? Not from the cliff, not down the path.

Cannot use a little more your fancy? Coming from the ceiling, hidden places etc. As for the strategic repeat again: LEARN TO CHARGE OF YOUR PARTY instead of complaining. In a game that has agro skills necessary to break the lines. This is the tactical and strategic. This would not be strategic at all; in fact, be a game like DAO was not breaking along party lines. In BG, for example, breaking the lines always happened. If the swarm is not necessary because DnD is not able agriculture.

This is often because it is one of the most effective ways to break party lines and make you take care to put in a game that has agricultural skills. If you do not break the lines all you can take care of this is the first line of not crumble. What tactical and strategic in it? Plus, you can "create" enemies health with both / and damage you want, but keep intact until the first line there is no problem at all, ever. See for example the meeting as one of the trickiest battles, Dragon high. Also, if it may be the opposite when you learn how to keep the first line intact this battle is very easy, no matter if the dragon is an insane amount of damage and has an insane amount of health. It is much easier than any mere skirmish in the middle of the game into a nightmare if you know what you are doing.

I agree with this topic as well - my biggest frustration in the game so far has been this mechanism in particular. DA: Oh, there were some "spawn" fights, but usually always rushed from off screen, it was fine. The enemies jumping from roofs or spiders in string does not bother me, but when you have irregular waves of enemies will automatically jump to the eye and poor tank can only launch a provocation with a long cool down and still not receive Half the crowd swarmed my archer / wizard, it gets very aggravating, especially in major difficulties when they get hit hard and hit hard.

I believe that this mechanism more than anything needs to be replaced by something that works properly - it does become cheesy and unbelievably infuriating when it is engraved on cooldowns and losing a fight on several occasions because it magically jumped see a renaissance of wave right in the heart of your computer. Combined with the absurd "teleportation invisible" enemy magician who always seems to disappear and reappear far to cast spells without disruption was a sore point for me DA2 combat. In general the game has been an explosion, but this particular mechanical change was a very poor choice in my opinion.

Now I'll grant that some enemies just appear out of nowhere is weak and Bioware could have done a better job with it, however I agree with amior. The game gives you all the tools you need to deal with waves of spawning enemies, the strategy is the use of the capabilities of your game effectively. Cannot play with the system the way it might in DA: O and maybe that is what is providing the attacks, but the truth is I have to say, if you have to deal with the waves of enemies is because it is not in use parts capabilities to the fullest, and not due to a deficiency in the design of the game.