Thread: Don't Need To Wipe Our Characters in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Don't Need To Wipe Our Characters in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Yesterday I played just before the wipe happened and I saw all the "improvements" done with the world map, and inventory, and so on. It's nice to know they just make things more complicated and force you to spend actual money, when you are already dishing out cash for the actual game! And even then, we aren't even getting the special items because it's some BS secret. What You all think about this?

Re: Don't Need To Wipe Our Characters in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Paying money for a game that is in beta, beta is really silly anyway. With all the "Think before you buy this is freaking beta!!" crap that they say before you actually press the button to get these things, you would think people would stop yelling about it. Also the fact is that the most recent wipe brought a ton of new things along. Some of them were graphical (Fudging yes I can move the map where I want now), and some were intrinsically (freaking I pretty much soloed a few battles as a level 2 mage. Seriously.) The point is that finally they are really fixing the balance issues and I'm tipping my hat to them because god forbid people are actually going to do that instead of finding another thing to whine about.

1. It is a Facebook game designed around generating micro transactions.
    2. Compared to other Facebook games this one is very playable without any actual investment. The loot drops from encounters are decent, money is gained for you by your allies, and often times there are drops of potions and bombs which also help you from plot encounters which do not eat into your supplies.
    3. The game is still in beta testing. Our JOB as beta testers is to play through the game from beginning to end to test how things are working and to give them feedback on the changes. If a big chunk of people are already level 28 and have cleared all the levels how are they going to be able to see and give feedback on all the changes?

I agree they don’t need to wipe our characters every time they do an update. Obviously we saw this during the last update. Things have changed and we were waiting for our characters to change. It seems that developers have no plan or structure to what they are doing. Even they are not resetting our characters so that we can continue playing. They are resetting them so that we can go through the initial portions of the game again and test balance/game play experience with the changes that they have made.

Good point, also stats on weapons and other equipment (both dropped and purchased) have changed - if they didn't wipe our characters then my Halla belt would give me 25% protection against magic because I got it last week whereas a new player's Halla belt would only confer 10% protection etc, same with the Arrowbane amulet. It is fair and makes logical sense that when things have been changed the changes should apply to everyone, not just newbie’s.

We should be glad that it's not like some beta testing where you say you can play for a few days, then take him down for a week or two, make changes and clean everything, then you can start over again by a days. Besides, I would much rather have a wipe every update like this, instead of something like a wipe right at release after I've managed to actually progress in the game and like my character.

Someone’s not on the same page as everyone else "testing" this game. There are beta "testers" and then there are those who are looking to play the game for free. And really, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the others so that the latter is inconsistent with the purpose of making the game available in the first place. Restoration of the characters is a way to force people to actually test the game, starting from the beginning, instead of seeing how uber you can make a character equipped with a revised system.

I agreed with above poster. I have been tossing around the idea of starting a thread to see who here has actually been part of a beta test before, but I figure with this being the internet, it would just fall apart into a flame war. I have a very strong feeling that with so many complaints about things like this or stats getting changed around for balance, a good percentage of the people testing this game out, have never been part of a beta test and were expecting an exclusive ride through a finished product.

It’s pathetic that a grown man or at least I assume you are a grown man is getting so upset about a Flash Game on a social networking site. While I don't care for these sorts of games as I feel like micro transactions are basically preying on the dim, you don't need to pay anything at all for this game. You are complaining about a free game in which the only reason anyone would be compelled to spend money is their own impatience or some desire to post their l33t high score to their wall. If you expect a full featured game, wait five days and hand them your 50 bucks, Don't think about the quality of a free product, and accuse others of being pathetic when you're apparently the guy paying cash so you can show of your (l33t check writing)skills at what amounts to a prettier version of Mobsters.