Thread: Rockpaper shotgun in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Rockpaper shotgun in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

Why not just make a second chapter in Dragon Age Journeys in place? That game was fun, and I thought he did a really good job of publicity Dragon Age 2. I played through it maybe three times. A legend feels more like a chore to unlock items. I'm having fun with it, and I definitely did not finish it. It is a very accurate account of the game. I feel the same as him. The crown all just a hoax. I'll be happy when I opened the whole team DA2, so you can drop this game like a bad habit.

Re: Rockpaper shotgun in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

That is a matter of opinion. If you've played other Facebook/casual games, you may be prone to different expectations because you have other experiences to compare this game to. Regardless, no matter how many numerous doodads are available to purchase with crowns, as long as the game is enjoyable and playable without those items there is no problem. This game, in my opinion, is playable and enjoyable without crowns. Until yesterday, I had not purchased crowns but all before that I was perfectly satisfied with the game.

First of all, most of his complaints have nothing to do with playing FB games in short bursts. Also, his issues are revlavent regardless of playstyle. They throw crown spending in your face in this game. Go to battle with 1/2 a heart missing? You get a big screen to either use your own pots or use crowns without a confirmation option. Same with energy, revival, everything. So yeah, apparently you ARE supposed to spend crowns to achieve success. But you are contradicting what the devs said. They don't want us randomly inviting temporary friends. Of course, they made the wrong game on the wrong social site if they don't want us to add mass amounts of fellow strangers.

He specifically talks about how he would have to buy crowns to keep playing. Or, you know you could just do other stuff and then come back and play when your energy is refilled. It only takes like an hour and a half to build 20 energy. Constantly popping up something does not mean you are intended to click it. It's preying on weak-willed/obsessive people, but you don't need to buy crowns to succeed in this game. You only need to spend crowns to make things faster, which is somewhat pointless considering the rate at which content is coming out.

Harsh but definitely containing a measure of truth! I can't bring myself to keep playing it (DA2 that is). I don't even think I'm that far in the - have done a ton of SQs and a number of MQs but every conversation is predictable courtesy of the Mass Effect wheel. Actually it's even more predictable than ME because of the little icons next to the conversation options. But yeah, I guess I should OT here

You don't have to buy crowns. You don't have to play this game. You don't have to do anything and you can still get a good experience out of this game. Legends are not meant to be played actively but once every couple hours or whenever you have a few spare moments. In contrast, DA2 is meant to be played actively, making Legends the supplement. It's when you allow that urge to be ahead of others in a game that doesn't really matter that things get out of control. It's not an irresistible temptation to buy crowns; it's a conscious decision that you have to weigh the value of.

The issue is not whether or not you need the items in the crown. Personally, I think it's a matter of opinion and not, as you say, a fact. However, that aside, the fact that the use of the crown (in terms of what the cost of crowns) in this game is on the top. Let me give you an idea from the perspective of someone who buys the crowns. He played for several iterations BETA, as both a user of the crown, and a user-crown. The gameplay is infinitely more user friendly. I know this is subjective, but I do not think I'm in the minority.