Thread: My opinion after 10mins of game play in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

My opinion after 10mins of game play in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

I really like the idea of this game. A Dragon age origin was the best game I ever played. I played it 4 times from beginning to end and had all the x-pacs. After playing this version for 10 mins I have to say I was really bored. There wasn't anything that kept my interest. I got a couple pieces of armor/weapons and I was not impressed. From what I saw the stats on the "upgrades" would give you like +2 in something but -1 on another stat. This really made me feel like I was getting nowhere. It didn't really seem like an upgrade to me and made the action seem kind of slow.

Re: My opinion after 10mins of game play in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook

I didn't really see any way to tell if you equip a weapon or certain piece of armor. Aside from not being able to equip it I guess. I am guessing that Warriors can't equip bows as I was not able to. That is kind of disappointing as Warriors were able to do so in DAO. I also kind of thought that not being able to recall your team mate even if they were wounded once was kind of lame. I could see if they were critically wounded and then you had to spend whatever currency that was to heal them. But to waste it for just -1 heart was silly. I thought the castle part was cool though. Being able to make stuff seems efficient. The graphics were cute I guess well for a FB game. I will keep playing for now in hopes that it will get more exciting but if it doesn't I can't see this as something I would play.

The quests become redundant fast, and after I think 6-7 of them they only give 100 gp each time, nothing else. And the fights never really change. Yes battles are redundant quite fast and you hardly have an "epic" feel to it. What I found very sad was that there is no real "boss" battle. I mean after all these discussions about the Hurlock Emissary strength he went down quite fast when I met him on the field to the point I wasn't event thinking that the story was concluded.

I wanted to add something about the currency system. I noticed that in order to buy any upgrades you need crowns. I also don't seem to be earning any crowns so it seems to me that the only way to get crowns is to buy them. Being that you can only play this game for about 10 min before you run out of recruits and have to wait 2hr for them to heal I obviously have not played much and don't know if you can earn them or not. Most games that I have played on Facebook have items available for the currency you earn as well as currency you pay for. I know this is only a beta and everything may not be available but this was a big flag that I wanted to address right away.

So far I am happy with it but I am only level 3. I do find it annoying that so far I have only gotten 4 items I can use, the others were for rogues only or mage only. If there was a way to send it to friends or perhaps trade it for items you can use that would be great. Simply having to sell those makes me wonder why not just feed me items my class can use instead of randomizing it. If you keep it random then I need static members to my party so I can outfit them as well.

I would have liked to buy items that didn't cost crowns. The crown items could be these super powered items, whereas the regular gold store sold regular items and better items unlocked when you gain levels. It took in some cases five battles just to get a sword I can't use because I'm a mage. I didn't see any way to gift it towards my friends so I see it for 35 gold, which makes it less useful than a gold reward.

Here are my impressions of this game:
    Strengths:
    1. Compared with Facebook RPGs most others out there, the combat system is much more dynamic.
    2. A castle something interesting / manufacturing system.
    Weaknesses:
    1. A premium on the issues are fine, but it announces too. From something as simple healing potion to new equipment, the presence of the symbols of the crown prolific everywhere is excessive. It is no less annoying than the Knights Squeenix crystals.
    2. An overemphasis of the buddy system. Yes, it's great to bring your friends into battle. No, not good just because I have few friends interested, I'm in any kind of disadvantage. He was lame in the War of the Mafia, who was lame in Farmville, it was lame Knights of crystals, and will be lame here.
    3. Slow initial experience. Well, I must put a skill point in the tutorial, so basically I have done no customization of the characters until you get out. I have to go through an entire level, without a doubt one of the most important levels to keep players interested in the game, polished with a skill that I do not care.

The only game now play continuously on Facebook is the Legacy Project Ubi. The hunting issue may be repetitive, but friends who are really only factors at play some achievements hidden from view, and the story is convincing enough. In addition, there is no clear system of money for art beaten in the head.