Thread: HomeFront compared to battlefield games

HomeFront compared to battlefield games

I have played all the battlefield games on PS3, I got the platinum trophy on bad company 2 and I’m wondering can this game hold up against battlefields awesome on the PS3? Also if you play PS3 add friend with hitman-merc for MAG or disturbed-hitman for bad company 2 ill play on both accounts different games! I'm a huge i repeat HUGE BF fan and I actually think this is a very strong competitor. A lot of innovation and great gameplay, so this just might dethrone BF. And that’s hard for me to admit

Re: HomeFront compared to battlefield games

You haven’t played Battlefield till you played the PC exclusive titles, though I’m a big Battlefield: Bad Company 2 fan as well. Based on everything I’ve seen so far, expect this game to be as good if not better then Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and all in its own unique way. I loved Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on the PC and the expansions and I think this could be a really good competitor in its own special and unique way. I even have a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 shirt with a tank on the back saying SPAWN CAMP THIS!

Why does everyone have to reply that the game is not like the 2 benchmark franchises of First-person shooter (FPS) games? From the trailers, it looks as if a lot of the elements of those games are present. And, don't tell me how those games work and play have zero authority in the creation of this game. It's not like someone kicked your puppy. Get a tissue and deal with it.

Ok, let’s look at this one at a time, shall we? The reason why we say that? It's because this is a separate game, with different features, and is not similar to each other than, running, shooting and some vehicles. That's why. Yes, a lot of those elements are present, because it's a shooter. What else do you do in a shooter? You shoot, run and throw grenades. If you didn't do those things it wouldn't be a shooter. Moving on. Hmm, I could tell you that they had something to do with HomeFront, but then I would be lying. When HomeFront was made, they had their own scope on the game. They didn't play Call of Duty or Battlefield and purposely take things from those games. What's the point? I haven't seen much of anything that is similar besides, running, shooting and vehicles. Which by the way, most shooters feature due to that how you play them. You're right, nobody did kick my puppy and why do I need a tissue? I have not sneezed, thank you for your concern though. HomeFront is stepping out from the pack of redundant, non-creative and unbalanced shooters that don't change, to create its own world filled with brand new features and mechanics. KAOS is focused on creating something new and exciting and expanding this genre out into something more than it is. Repetitive. HomeFront is a game that you don't compare to other games; you just say it's HomeFront. Have a nice day

My point is that while HomeFront may indeed be a new animal, comparisons to the existing benchmarks of First-person shooter (FPS) games are inevitable. The challenge for HomeFront, and in turn its success as a franchise, will depend upon how it can match up against Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty. These are just facts. I hope it does well; more competition will drive game makers to give us better product. I'm all for it.

Yes, people will compare them. That still doesn't take away the fact that is a brand new baby. Its own legs and all its original body parts. It's not a Frankenstein with everything copied, slapped with a new name and that's it. People reference shooters to other shooters because they have the mentality that nothing new is out and everything is copied from one series to the other. HomeFront is trying to change this by replacing the question, "So, this game is similar to this game?" to, "What is this game going to bring us next?” I for one follow the code of treating HomeFront unique and putting it under its own light rather than sticking it in the shadows of another.

That's fine and dandy. The problem is, they did borrow some aspects. On the single player trailer I just saw, the marks around your crosshair for hit detection are straight out of the BF series. Just an example. The comparisons may not be fair, but they are valid. I would imagine someone making a comparison is actually HOPING that certain parts of games they have played are present in this new game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty have gotten popular by doing a few things great, it's not a slight to want the fluidity of Call of Duty or the fidelity of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in a new game.