Thread: Homefront: Exclusive map for Xbox

Homefront: Exclusive map for Xbox

Well I just read there will be an Xbox exclusive 360 map is this going to be another call of duty? where ps3 gets treated, if so I will not be buying this game and neither will thousands of ps3 players who are fed up with activation for showing favoritism I was really excited about this game but if this is true it is the deciding factor I will not be buying a multiplatform game that puts ps3 gamers on a lower level ps3 gamers are fed up playing second fiddle read from cod sites we are boycotting activision for this thousands and thousands have sworn to never buy an activision game again waiting for a response on this. If anyone has any idea or any suggestion for this than, please provide me.

Re: Homefront: Exclusive map for Xbox

It is one map and some early DLC, I know it might be a small setback for the PS3 users here, but I don't think it should keep you from picking up the game. The decision came because Microsoft offered support to KAOS and Homefront and Sony did not. Xbox 360 got an exclusive map because Microsoft loomed KAOS too early on in growth and offered their support in marketing. Sony was aware of Homefront, yet did not choose to back it like Microsoft did. PS3 users will be getting the same product 360 is getting, without one smaller map. I wouldn't miss out on an entire game over it.

Like over person said, Microsoft offered money, backing and marketing assistance for an exclusive map and a week early DLC. Sony didn’t show that kind of interest so KAOS said, extra money more marketing possibilities and backing from a huge company sure we’ll take it and you can get DLC's a week early and a small infantry/drone only TDM only map. Honestly it makes sense if you were a small business and a great big one offered to help if you gave them something small in return you would do the same thing.

So if sonny would have offered support they as well would have received this map? And why didn’t ps3 offer their support? I am jumping from this site to ps3 with this info and please understand doesn’t seem like much 1 map but that turns into early map packs, early game releases and so on. PS3 users have a lot of pent up anger over the cod game play for years we have been trying to place a finger of blame on something or someone cod forums say its Sony’s fault whilst ps3 blame activision and to your reply yes that is good business but understand this ps3 users pay just as much for the game as Xbox users do and the poor man pays the band.

I have both consoles I understand that ps3 gets the crap end of a lot of multiplatform games and let’s face it since Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty has fell through they need something new and everyone except their blind fan boys will admit it. I would have to say in my opinion it would be activision's fault because other games do fine on ps3 (Killzone 3 comes as a recent one) and I understand your skepticism but don’t let that one little map and a week DLC stop you from getting the game you said yourself you were excited or something like that. It just comes down to payed first so he gets the deal.

Despite the exclusive map and early DLC, I think you can be very confident on all aspects in regards to THQ and KAOS support for the PS3 version of Homefront. I have even heard a developer state that playing the PS3 version was just as fluid and enjoyable as the 360. They have already made multiple comments regarding post launch support, and show a good sense of pride for their work both before and after release.

I take small offense to this. If Sony decided to back up a game, they would get the same deals Microsoft does. But, if you want to play the bonus game, 360 users get to play $60 bucks a year for online service, PS3 users pay Zippo. Microsoft supports small businesses and corporations alike, PS3 doesn't support as many, which is why most games get ported to PS3 (Developed on 360 and then transferred to ps3) also why Microsoft get's a few small bonuses. So what if we get a small extra map, which is just a small TDM with only drones and regular weapons so what if we get DLC a week early. Write Sony and stop crying to the Devs here, it's their fault they don't give a flying about anyone else's bottom line but their own. (Exception because Microsoft dishes out the money it actually might help theirs).

I am an Xbox user and I do pay for my live, but I feel like I get a fair amount of content for that. As a gamer I generally don’t feel bad if the PS3 games don’t get the same support because I know that I am paying so there better be great support or I will be pissed. From a business point of view, I would be embarrassed if I was Sony. If you are going to have games on your platform, you should provide support no matter what. Whether your users pay or not. If you are offering "Free Online Multiplayer" as part of your product package, it is only a selling point if it is as good as or better than what the competition pays for. That is how you gain more market share. If I didn’t hate the PS controller and the free online actually worked well, I would probably own a PS3. Hell a Blu Ray player and a gaming system, that is awesome! Sony Fail.