Thread: Shogun 2 - Total War does not include DirectX 11 support

Shogun 2 - Total War does not include DirectX 11 support

I know that the PC tactic sequels Shogun 2 -Total War will be going to release this week and as a result the game did not support the DirectX 11. The game publisher SEGA told that DirectX 11 support will be fixed in the upcoming release patch. The developer had told that they will need some weeks to test the DirectX 11 on some different cards. They just need some time to tweak the performance on different platform of cards. So I think that we can get the DX11 support for this game in April. They also told that without the support of DX11, the game looks pretty good. Furthermore the game includes as promised better 3D battles, refurbished AI, innovative multiplayer modes and a huge crusade to wade through.

re: Shogun 2 - Total War does not include DirectX 11 support

Total War: Shogun 2 is in the publication 15th March with no DirectX 11 features such as multithreading or tessellation. The publisher, maker Sega and Creative Assembly determined to take this step and announced its decision in the official forum. "We want all buyers of Total War: Shogun2 to offer the best possible experience of DirectX 11 therefore Sega and developer Creative Assembly has decided to take full DX11 support for Total War shortly after the release of patch. The retail version of Total War: Shogun2 is fully compatible with DirectX 11 graphics cards, does not support temporary special case under DX11 graphics features.

I know that the SEGA has promised about the game performance without the DirectX 11 support but I don’t think that it can be achieved in any means. This is because without the support of DirectX 11 the game can be playable in any manner. However you cannot get some of the 3D effects and some of the battle experience. I am going to wait until they will release the game with full DX11 support. I just want to experience the game in the manner it is created for. It is a unique game so far I have seen.

I've purchased a new DX11 graphics card intended for this game, and I believe this is very well. Better than waiting to discharge the whole game, and undoubtedly superior than to free it with DX11 support which several cards may perhaps resist using, regardless of being lofty end cards. Can you visualize the upheaval on these forums, when citizens, who simply sign up on top of these forums to rage, consider they have been embittered out of their cash, for the reason that their new luxurious cards can't carry on the uppermost options? I don’t think that the Sega will release the DX11 support very soon. It might take some more time.

I was very excited about the game Shogun 2 - Total War can be played in DirectX 11 mode. But now all my excitement went down after hearing this news. I am also hoping for that patch with all support it is lacking now. I don’t know why they have not given the DirectX 11 support at the foremost release. Why do they really need time for this? I don’t hope that they will release the patch in April because after the game release some might find several bugs. For the fix for those bugs in game, the Sega might take some more time and release the patch for both issues together.

Re: Shogun 2 - Total War does not include DirectX 11 support

When it announced the development of Total War: Shogun 2 studies by The Creative Assembly, ensured that this strategy game for the libraries would support DirectX 11. However, it seems that this will not start. As reported by its creators, there is no support for DirectX 11 when the game is released on 15 March but then added with a future free patch. They explained, "I just needed a couple more weeks to improve performance on different graphics cards." They also assured that while support for DirectX 11 will not start, the game will also to a high standard: "The game will continue looking absolutely great. There is no restriction of resolution.