Thread: Total War: Shogun 2, Used ninjas to ambush enemy general but didn't worked

Total War: Shogun 2, Used ninjas to ambush enemy general but didn't worked

I have installed the Total War: Shogun 2 and for killing an enemy general, I used Ninjas. Though it was a tough fight but at last I lost the game. So finally my ninjas got wasted. Actually I though that the ninjas are supposed to use for assassinating the generals on the battlefield and for opening the gates and other stuffs. But I knew that I was wrong. How about you guys, Can somebody help me a bit?

Re: Total War: Shogun 2, Used ninjas to ambush enemy general but didn't worked

When a general gets removed which in fact have a much better chances.. And I guess the ninjas are much bad against cavalry due to which they should not be used against general. Still, I'm happy that a unit of ninjas can not assume a general, who is lame. Remove siege engines, opening doors, and murder "strong" general .. Used there. Anyway, Can anybody tell me what is the balanced IMO.

I wonder if it can open doors, especially in small castles. For example, it was almost impossible in the battle of siege in the demo so they can open the doors without being decimated by archers and many troops katana. It may work in the castle with more than two or more levels when units are extended. I use them, but at this point the opportunity cost to include in your army seems too high. I'm not saying you have to "polish" or anything, just that I think based on demonstration that there was no other unit of samurai, or a hero or monks. 275 maintenance is enough.

It may have been because I had a good shot in general. He was unaccompanied in the woods, and I absolutely attribute it to chance more than anything that my ninja, said "I will kill you" and moments later the body is usually cold in the forest floor. Forests also have a penalty of mounted drives. And there's the bonus of charge. Many possible reasons. Maybe it's just my ninjas.

General and his bodyguards are well armed, so they need all the extra edges Ninjas to get the killing in this environment unexpected charge from behind, is in a barrage of smoke bombs in the first place, and of having dismantled always helps too (wait for a general display "stand up and fight" and that will be very vulnerable.) It is also worth paying attention to the exact location of the general and make sure they do not have to wade through a group of bodyguards, as all units are focused, ninjas, heroes, etc - its effectiveness makes even a little micromanagement go further. In multiplayer mode tail, there is an upgrade that doubles the size of his bodyguard. I guess this also greatly reduce the possibility of ninjas that lasts long enough to get your waders general all additional bodyguards, unless I was lucky.