Thread: Is HomeFront better than Black Ops or the cod series?

Is HomeFront better than Black Ops or the cod series?

I think this game than the cod, seeing the trailer you can see there is plenty of action. I wonder if this game worth buying, when in a few weeks other great games will come out. If you are looking for something beyond the experience call of duty weak with a faster and more robust game play, I think it will be the work of the box. The developers have put a lot of work into it, and added some much needed innovation to the genre. In any case this will be a breath of fresh air, fun, and if you think COD than after a trailer, I do not need much convincing to pick it up.

Re: Is HomeFront better than Black Ops or the cod series?

It's like comparing apples to oranges. Today I played Battlefield bad company 2, Medal of Honor, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Call of Duty 4, Counter-Strike Source, the Crysis2 demo, Halo 3. Yes it was a day for gaming, each game was fun in its own way, but for me to say which one was better would only be my opinion. By the way it was in three different sittings with only a total of 4 hours of gamming, for those who are thinking no lifer.

If it has no hard core in the game it’s just all about core then this game will be bin like black ops did. Black ops were dead after week one then game look at the game play and just hard core Time-division multiplexing free for all. Why not make a game with all hard core on it so game will have all the game play they ask for like hard core war. War on this setup will be good to see it work like 16 on 16 when call of duty 3 was 12 on 12. I hope the server are up to it to not slow one's if this game not up to it then 1000 friend i play with will sell the game and go back to black ops or battlefield bad company 2. hops and why have you made it so UK get it on the 18th of march not like the USA on the 15th of march this is one down fall now we see if the game live up to it or not will it be a flop like black ops?

This game could be better for many reasons. We have been told that they are actually going to release actual dedicated server files. Which means we will actually be able to run our own servers, with much more control over them? Also, there is no remote control cars packed with C-4. LOL this is not going to be the typical run n gun game, like Call of Duty games are. The big downside atm, is going to be that the game does not have the name recognition that Call of Duty does. That name recognition alone is what propelled that abomination Black Ops into the seller it was. Of course, now those of us that didn’t buy Black Ops ended up with the last laugh. I think we will just have to wait another 3 weeks to see how everything plays out. The open beta for HomeFront starts in a week, and then in 3 weeks, the real stress test for servers begins. With any luck, most issues will be ironed out by then.

Call of Duty Black ops destroyed my ps3, after having my system repeatedly freeze up on me while trying to play online it decided to have one final crash and then dump everything that I had saved on it, so off it went to be traded in to GameStop, which was a quick $40, I think the main problems with it crashing or freezing systems is the fact that there was no dedicated servers which HomeFront will provide, unfortunately on the same note Killzone 3 had dedicated servers yet they couldn't handle what was needed to accommodate for all the players so I would spend hours just trying to get into a game only to realize that it wasn't the map that I liked, then you would just have campers everywhere which is just plain annoying and doesn't provide any real sense of fun. I am looking forward to HomeFront, i like the battle points system, even though i am a hardcore gamer I still never liked the killstreak rewards systems that most fps's have within, because my friends that occasionally like to jump into a game with me end up just getting owned cause they can't keep up with campers or people that are just that much better than they are. Granted you are still going to have the more experienced players dominating the battlefields as usual but it’s going to make things a bit more fun and it’s also going to change the game play from match to match. I am looking forward to this game, but I tend to keep an open mind anymore, because to me the last great fps multiplayer game was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, too bad it's not worth playing anymore because of all the damn cheaters. Speaking of which I really hope that they have some way of taking care of the people that like to exploit glitches and such in an expedient fashion, like if more than one person reports them in the same game then they should be kicked from the servers until THQ or whomever is taking care of the servers reviews that particular game to see if they were actually cheating, at the same time though if you report players you will also be under review and if you report to many then you will be ban for a certain number of days, just an idea.

I can tell your 100%, but this game was full of hackers (which is almost impossible with dedicated servers) and sucked total ass, just because the dedicated server will only make this better then BlackOps trash. I played all the cod, except mw2 extensively operations and black is the same, except new weapons looks new benefits and the fact that it is no matter how good the Internet. (Lag I do not mean in the sense of the frame rate more when I get markers 5 + hit in the chest someone but it always seems as if you only get 2 or 3 in your case).

As it was said before, I really don't think it's fair to compare the two. A lot of people on here will be quick to jump to that comparison because it's the last or biggest title they're coming from and hoping that the flaws they see in the last are not present in the future. Simply put the decision is yours on whether it’s worth the buy. I've read numerous game critics say that the campaign is worth the buy alone, so that's a fairly decent indicator to me that you're looking at a quality product. I'm personally excited for it, and I really do think that even though it will be flawed as everything is, a lot of mistakes will be fixed especially in multiplayer. We shall find out soon enough.