Thread: Dragon Age 2 saved files are corrupted

Dragon Age 2 saved files are corrupted

Yesterday I have played the new game called Dragon age 2 in my computer. So far I have played the game very well beating most of the enemies. After the 3 hour play I decided to take break and continue another day. So I have tried to save the game. At first attempt it didn’t saved. After 3 attempts the game successfully saved in my computer. Today I started the game and went to load the game where I have stored before. The problem is the game didn’t load at all. For that reason I closed the game and gone to the saved file folder. There I have found that the saved files get corrupted. The PC also showing the same message. How could this happen?

Re: Dragon Age 2 saved files are corrupted

I think that you are not only the single person getting this issue. However so far I have seen that many PC version game players who have played the Dragon age 2 complaining about the same thing. It is not related to single computer except it is a major issue in the game which the Bioware didn’t considered while releasing or may be testing. But the Bioware promised that they have accepted this problem and they are working on fix for this issue.

I don’t think that the PC version of Dragon age 2 can get this kind of problem while saving the game. I know that the PC version game got several issues regarding the autosave/ save and load. However there is no news about corrupted files. The PS3 owners have got this issue. The PS3 was showing the message like corrupted file or something new when they try to load the saved game. The Bioware announced that they are investigating the issue and they will some provide the proper solution.

The PC version of Dragon age 2 shouldn’t get this issue because it was never happened to anyone so far. It could be the problem in your computer. Make sure that you computer is virus free. If your computer is infected by virus then it might corrupt the files. So you need to scan the computer with good antivirus program regularly. You might have known that there are some security programs in the market which are specifically developed or programmed for gaming computer or gamers. They will provide better security to the gaming computer so that you don’t need to disable it while playing.

As far as I know that some version of Windows computer does not accept the Dragon age 2 completely. For such they need to contact the bioware support team regarding the issue. The files might have been corrupted due to improper saving function. Have you got the confirmation message while saving the game? If you got some disturbance while playing then it might be possible that the game didn’t save properly. So next time when you save the game, save it 2 to 3 times with different name. it might help you.

I have also got the same problem while I was playing the game dragon age 2. I could not able to load any saved game in my computer. While saving the game the computer successfully shows that the game has saved properly. But when I tried the option load it just prompts me that files are corrupted. I have re-installed the game twice, updated the drivers as well as windows OS but nothing helped at all. Then I looked into the saved files folder. The files were proper there and showing me the correct memory size. The only problem is the game could not able to load from there. I hope that in the upcoming patch the bioware will fix this.