Thread: Someone find my hidden thorn in FrontierVille

Someone find my hidden thorn in FrontierVille

I play this game from maybe while the game start and how much I know about this game this is actually nice one. But sometime it comes with some error and some bugs. Here I want to say that, don't you hate it when you have a thorn hidden on your property and someone finds it, you click on them to work and they torch your thorn! I had no idea they were headed to my thorn, it did not show up when I did the highlight thing. I only had two and now I only have one. It takes forever on my land to get a thorn despite emptying out an entire corner.

Re: Someone find my hidden thorn in FrontierVille

Here I as well wish to add something in this case. I play this game from may be last 6 to 7 months. I chopped all my trees down last night and found one hidden in there and cleared it off as well. What I hate is when I have places all my new trees in a row and they are off to the side and you can tell I placed them there for a reason and neighbors try to chop those. Why do neighbors attack well placed aligned trees even saplings for Pete’s sake.

Yup, that's not a great feeling. Same thing with cacti - not too fond of neighbors constantly hacking away at the few I manage to grow here and there! Or like over person. I had a whole border around my frontier, nice and neat oak trees. Had a few neighbors who insisted on attacking them daily. Thankfully they have finally learned (as they would come back to see the tree still intact.) Thank goodness for dismiss.

I assumed that was why there is a dismiss option. That way my neighbors can come do what they need to get their quests done and I can dismiss them to save what I necessitate to get mine done. I have a whole little garden set aside with five of everything just for my neighbors to tend and after that I dismiss them and the garden remains intact for the next one. But yeah, I can see hating losing rare debris that you hadn't noticed. That would make me sad too.

Yes that is why there is a dismiss button, however there are times you cannot see all the spots they are going to attend. This was hidden in-between trees and horses. Not to mention anyone who plays the game knows the etiquette of playing. If someone has a level 85 farm and all is clear and there is one thorn, wouldn't you think that maybe they want to keep it there? After all they did manage to clear the rest of the farm.

I had chopped down all my trees believing I was supposed to clear the land and form a town, which I did, after that realized I needed some trees that weren't fruit, so I bought and placed a few trees and to protect them, I put flowers around them. In the real world it indicates it’s something you like, right? But I had a neighbor whack down one that was ringed with flowers just the same, it's confusing and maddening, I have no idea what goes through the minds of people who supposedly like you, nuts.

I think neighbors who are going to chop trees, shouldn't start with harvesting your crops. I will highlight them, and I see that they want to harvest my crops, so I accept it, and after that they walk way all the way across my farm and start chopping down my camp ground. I hate that. I usually dismiss those wanting my forest. And I have this lovely patch of wildflowers that popped up in a clump on day. And it was in such a nice area that I decided to keep them. I even put a bench over there and a couple of geese, thinking that visitors would assume that the flowers are welcome and intentional there. Up till now, at least 5 times a week, a neighbor comes along and tries to dig them up. So glad for the "dismiss" option.

Sometimes random trees (skulls, flowers, cacti, thorns) get chopped by neighbors because of game lag & clicking the bonus stuff. I know I have done that several times and not been able to hit the cancel button. I felt bad, but hoped my neighbors would understand and if they didn't want the action, to just dismiss it. If you can't tell what a neighbor is going to do, or can only see a few of the things, let them go and if they head for your thorn, cacti or whatever, hit refresh very quick, it will cancel their action. You can then dismiss them. If they actually touch the item, or make any progress though, sometimes it won't work. So you got it do it when you see them heading for it and it's shaded out.

I have one neighbor that does that, but never my grown aligned trees, just the aligned saplings. And he revives my gravestone-clovers. Even though the sign says "hands off", and not to mention the angry bear standing in front of it protecting it. Sometimes the highlights doesn't show up so I've been stupid and allowed the action, but now I dismiss every single one of them, unless they actually do something I can benefit from. I just dismiss everyone. At this point there is nothing on my farm that I truly need help with. And I have had to restart my neighbor garden too many times because I didn't see the highlight. I do know that while I was lower leveled I would often chop trees and saplings because I was trying to build wood levels up. Usually I included a note to them that I was just working on stocking up.