Thread: server setting for counter strike 1.6 with amx mod x.

server setting for counter strike 1.6 with amx mod x.

Hello guys I am new counter strike player. I am big noob in this game. But I am having good internet connection so I want to play this game on internet. But the problem is I don’t know how to make a server on internet. Someday before I come to know about amx mod x, I search abut this on internet I got so much information but still I am not able to understand this properly. Can anyone tell me the proper step about this amx mod x and by using this how you can make server on internet? Please explain me about amx mod x in simple way so I can use that in my server. And please tell me the step for making of good counter strike 1.6 servers.

Re: server setting for counter strike 1.6 with amx mod x.

Hi it’s depending on what kind of server you want to make, if you want to make hlds server instead of dedicated server then first you have to install counter strike in your system. Form this you will get hlds file install this hlds file in your system. After that run this file and in CMD type cd c:\hlserver.after this setting hldsupdatetool and wait till the update finish. This is the normal hlds setting and I am not that much familiar with amx mod x settings so please search installation guide for this amx mod x. even I want to know about this amx mod x. I hope I will get the explanation for this amx mod x.

Hi I hope this amx mod x setting will help you to make your server with it. First download amx mod x and install it in your system with its default setting. Now make addons folder in your system folder. And now go to metamod.org site and put amx mod x in your addons folder. In this amx mod x folder make a folder call dlls, and put metamod.dll file in this dlls folder. And after that go back in your metamod folder and add plugin.ini there. Now if you want to use this amx mod x in your server run your server and this amx mod x at a same time and from that you can use all plugin in your game.

If you want to make dedicated server for counter strike 1.6 then follow the steps. For that you have to go to play games menu and go to the bottom of the page to dedicated server. Now download this file and install this file in your system. After that download and install amx mod x in your system. And in next step do your metamod setting. Create a dlls folder in your addons folder and add all plugins.ini files in this folder. This is all about the dedicated server and amx mod x settings and suppose you are using router then you have to make some changes in your router setting.

Hi I think now you are clear with this server setting and amx mod x setting from the above replies. Now if you want to make your server more perfect then follow the following steps. This will help you to secure your server from crash. First you have to download software for this server crash from the internet and then put this in C:\HLServer.and you want to run your server then open server doc folder and then put this server crash file in your this server doc folder. this is the following path where you have to store this file
    C:\HLServer\hlds.exe -game cstrike -port (Port you set on server) +map (map) -console +maxplayers (player #) –secure

Hi thank you for your quick replies. This information is very helpful for me now I can make counter strike 1.6 dedicated servers with the use of amx mod x. now I can run all amx mod x application in my counter strike 1.6.and even I used server crash software which is really helpful for me it secure my server from crashing. But still I am facing problem with this plugin files sometime I am not able to add this plugin in my dedicated server. But default plugins work properly. So please help me with this. Thank you for your helps.