Thread: Homesteaders who do not plant crops in FrontierVille

Homesteaders who do not plant crops in FrontierVille

I have a few neighbors who do not have any crops. Not one. They are not chicken farmers but do have a large number of animals. Not an insane number of animals either though, I would say averaging between, 30 to 40 different animals. A lot of the land is just bare. So what I am wondering is, how do you people make any money? Why don't you plant crops? I don't care what people do with their homesteads, I just find this a curiosity I would like to understand. Anyone here has any idea about this than without fail please provide me.

Re: Homesteaders who do not plant crops in FrontierVille

I don't have any crops unless I need to for a quest. I finished almost all quests except for the tollbooth thingy, stuck on five or six. Last week, I had spend a lot of coins down to about 6000 and at present a week later I am back at 160.000 just by hiring neighbors and accepting visiting neighbors. I know I don't have any crops right now, but that is just because I can't be bothered. I don't really need any money and have sort of lost interest in the game. I at a standstill log into the game almost daily but don't take the time to plant crops right now. When there is a new mission I plant stuff.

I am inquisitive about this too. I have a few neighbors with no crops just animals and some bare space. I don't plant to make money to any further extent. Done most of my quests, too. I do keep a permanent garden with five of each crop so my neighbors can do their quests or harvest for collections if they want. Other than that, I just plant whatever I am in the frame of mind for to fill particular collections. The good thing is that lots of neighbors visit me so I am doing well with that badge and with my toll collecting

So if you have one of those gardens sapphire, does that mean you use a wither protection boost on it? Does one wither protection do the entire garden or just one crop? I have thinking about this as well. For me I at a standstill plant peanuts even though I am level 72 and have over 7 million. I am thinking that when the other frontiers open up we will need the money. I enjoy planting and harvesting and there is something missing on the farms that don't have any crops. However this is just a personal choice and not one we are of the same opinion.

I have several neighbors without crops planted also and I can't figure out why. I don't really care what they do or how they run their homestead, but it is starting to bug me that I have 6 neighbors requesting ribbon and not one of them has anything on their land to help replenish their ribbon stash. I sent a "hint" along with a gift of 4 ribbons to one of them that harvesting flax is a good way to replenish the ribbon stash. She planted one crop of about 21 flax and that's it. Scratching my head. The whole thing is turning me sour on helping neighbors. I usually love to help, but stuff like this makes me feel like I am just being taken advantage of. 'I want to help you help yourself; I don't want to do it for you.' Am I being mean?

Wither protection covers all planted crops (as does unwither covers all withered crops) Back to other poster. I let my field grass over so that when I plant crops, I can leave paths of wildflowers/grass in between each type, though I all the time get neighbors that eventually mow it all down - after that I start over) slightly different thought. I sometimes (when feeling lazy) I let crops wither and sit, every time someone unwither them I get coins, repeat till feeling more productive.

I have just finished my missions and I am rearranging my farm, I have planted 6 of each crop and added a wither protection. I will leave that until the peanuts are grown and probably do it again it will help lower neighbors who need to tend to a certain crop, I wish. I use wither protection boost. You just have to use one and it protects every crop planted at the time it is used. It doesn't wear off, so all I have to do is dismiss visitors who harvest the protected crops and they stay there for everyone to keep using.

After seeing this much post, I also wish to add something. Maybe a little too stern on what you expect of your neighbors. Just don't send them stuff from your own stock since they won't bother trying to collect it themselves. Or that is what I would do if it bothered me that much. Stick with free gifts. I just give from my own stock when a person is a really good neighbor. If they rarely participate I stick with free gifts and if they drop too low, I delete them.