Thread: LAG problem has not been resolved in FrontierVille

LAG problem has not been resolved in FrontierVille

The lag is at a standstill present and worse than ever! Game is playable during the daytime, but come the evening, I cannot even move my cursor. I have tried both Firefox and internet explorer. No difference on either. I have high speed wireless broadband, can play every other Zynga game with no problem, and get very high FPS on Ever quest 2. The only game giving me a problem is FrontierVille. Laptop is not the newest, but nicely equipped Dell XPS M1730 gaming machine. Don't know if it makes any difference but when I visit new player's property, with just a few animals and buildings, game runs pretty well. Forget about it if neighbor is above level 20 with lots of stuff, lag is unbearable. Hope I can get an answer as to what is going on.

Re: LAG problem has not been resolved in FrontierVille

Every time I try to go to a neighbors homestead to help, Jack just keeps saying "I will get you there in a jiffy" and the neighbors place never loads. As well, I just went back on to see if anything changed and I click on the neighbors that came to help and while I accept their request nothing moves. I did not say the lag problem of the whole thing was solved, I said the lag caused by the update was solved. I can't click and clear or harvest or feed my animals!

Here I just want to add something in this case. The awful lag that happened when an animal appeared on your farm is gone. It's what it meant. I had this problem since 3 days before and it was so frustrating, after that I finally killed off the fox I had left alive on my farm and suddenly it was like I was in turbo mode! The entire lag was gone, it seems like the varmints are causing the lag.

The update did not cause additional lag for me. I actually began to experience this game killing lag last week, around the 4th of July. Prior to that, the game was stellar! For what it's worth, the lag problem is the very worst when neighbors or I have tons and tons of chickens, and geese, and cows, and other animals present. Which leads me to a question: A lot of the quests I am currently on require the selling of lots of adult animals, so it is necessary to have many to feed so they will mature. Could this influx of animals be what is causing the problem?

Obviously excessive animals cause lag, look at Farmville same thing happens there as well. Zynga's servers can't communicate fast enough with our ISP and our PC's to load all that junk. So it’s one of the 3 Zynga, ISP, Our PC's is the problem. Plus it is a well known fact that any game that uses Flash like all Facebook games are very memory-heavy, so unless you have a decent computer with sufficient RAM, you are always going to have problems.

I have 8 GB which should be more than enough, but I have 4 neighbors that almost shut the thing down when I visit. All have lots of stuff. Yeah, no different than a huge Farm with lots of decorations in Farmville. As well, some days, the longer I keep visiting people, the worse it gets. This is typically fixed by refreshing the game. I am far from a computer guy, but there's obviously some memory stored after you visit somebody. For completeness, there are 5: AkamaiTech's distributed server network is used for most game features; a Facebook Widget is used for gifting/neighbor-search things.

When the Akamai servers I usually get good response ping times (19 - 22ms). They also host some major popular brands world-wide, so the problem is most likely not at their end. To continue on: playing this morning on my desktop, I7 processor with 8 GB RAM, Windows 7, Nvidia 9800, lag is unbelievable while visiting neighbors. So, it is not just my laptop (with its "measly" 4 GB RAM) that is causing this problem. I realize this is a "free" game in beta. And I understand that problems are going to arise. But, it is sad when the game becomes unplayable after only one month of being live.