Thread: The Inventory is at Critical Mass in FrontierVille

The Inventory is at Critical Mass in FrontierVille

Hard to play this game, anymore. I have over 80 telescopes, can't help anybody else for fear of getting more, and have no way of getting rid of what I have got. You have got to:
    1. -- raise the limit of what we can have
      and/or
    2. 2 -- let us sell stuff out
      Or, the game will come to a crashing halt.

Anyone ever have this problem or anyone have any solution for this? If anyone find any way out solution or any useful information for this than please just let me know.

Re: The Inventory is at Critical Mass in FrontierVille

Not sure how it can be, when I keep getting the message that I have exceeded my gifts. Whatever portion of the inventory those take up? Needs to be expanded in size. If I go thru my neighbors and offload as much cloth or whatever I have, after that I can accept gifts, again. Some stuff, there's no way to get rid of it. While I look at my actual gifts, they represent a very small slice of the overall inventory, so the inventory must have a cap of a few kinds, and I keep hitting it. This is fairly typical of Zynga games, where they create a feature that requires we spam our feed, collect tons of junk, and then limit us as to how much of that junk we can have. When we have no way of emptying out the junk that becomes a trouble. I have gifted out as much as I can, over and over. Getting tired of it.

That relates to the sending and receiving of gifts over the Facebook system, and not to your inventory, which has no limit at present. Like other has said, there is no limit on inventory space. So you can always save the extra items for future quests. Zynga has not done a very good job with accurate or even correct error messages. Some are mis-leading and some are downright incorrect. I have to say with this message I seem to see at least a few threads concerning it here every week, so it certainly is puzzling a lot of people, and making them think it's over loading their inventory.

Couldn't tell you that, as I don't know your gifting habits, or friends gifting habits, or the applications you utilize, but I have personally had it (or very similar messages, as obviously they vary from app to application) on a number of application's since I started on Facebook. But you get it, for instance, while someone sends you a gift, and you try to accept it, when you have already received a gift from that person within the last 24 hours, or while you have received more than an allowed quota of gifts. Each application has various quotas, allowances, and limits, enforced on them, by Facebook, and each has a page like this for when you hit it, but your actual in-game inventory is actually unlimited, and this message has nothing to do with the inventory, and everything to do with the sending, and receiving of gifts, over the Facebook system.

In FrontierVille, some people have figured out how to send gifts more than once in a 24 hour period to certain neighbors. When this occurs and you go to accept the 3rd gift from that one person, you get an error. I am not sure if there is a glitch in the other Zynga games that can let this happen every now and then - but for FrontierVille the error was put in place to fix this (although most of us agree it should be re-worded.) There is no limit on inventory. You may have a ton of stuff but for now it won't affect you having other stuff stored in there.

You used to be able to do it on Farmville, but I am talking over a year ago, so quite possibly not these days, but it's a frequent issue on most apps, and causes people to exceed quotas, that the applications are permitted to use, so as you say, they stick up this "error" message. I received over 600 gifts, from one friend alone, on one day alone, on Farmville, before they first discovered the glitch. I should as well add it can be triggered "accidentally" too sometimes, like when a player genuinely tries to send u a gift, it fails, and he tries again, which triggers the "2 count" and even if you just receive one, the second one, because the first one failed, because it registered, and this one registered as a second one, you still get the error message, which further confuses people, because they then, honestly, swear blind they have not received double gifts from anyone.

I would say that Zynga should work this out with Facebook because the games tend to sabotage themselves with their heavy rely-on-others demands for items needed to play. If I focus my 'limit' on Farmville, then I can't play anything else Zynga has created. Right now, we are collecting Halloween candy in Farmville, and yeah, that has to be like, a few hundred items per day right now. Constant clicking. So, if there's a limit, then why does Zynga make the game demands so high? Looks like I have to save my limit for Farmville, then.