Thread: Games freeze constantly in Windows 7 64 bit

Games freeze constantly in Windows 7 64 bit

I have a Windows 7 64 bit in my PC. I was not having any problem at all before but now it seems that I am in some kind of trouble. When I start playing a game the usually start properly but after some time they just stop working. All the games just freezes after some time. Then after certain interval of time they unfreeze but they become too slow and also start to lock again and again. I don’t have any idea about it and what is causing this. Please can anyone help me on this? If anyone knows then I would like to thank you for the help in advance.

Re: Games freeze constantly in Windows 7 64 bit

I got your problem but before moving on to the solution I just wanted to know that is it with a particular game or is it with all the games. Also I want to know that have you tried turning down the game resolution or any other settings and what are you system specifications? I would suggest you that you should have a page file setup for that. But this is usually ignored because of the RAM present. While you do it don’t use a System Managed as it leaves a fragmented page file. ).Always us the Custom Managed and then set both the min and max to lets say x GB or more. This will keep the page file tighter on the HDD.I am sure you should try this solution and it will work for you.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I haven’t yet started with the solution that you have provided but definitely I’ll work on it. The answers to your questions are as follows. Yes it happens with all the games that I play. I haven’t lowered the game resolution when I play those games. I have a graphics memory of 2943MB. I have a 4 GB RAM along with a 596 GB of disk space. Also the system doesn’t get hot. I am using a Windows 7 64bit. But I’ll try with the solution that you have provided.

The other solution which you can use is that you can set your graphic card driver performance to second highest performance. Then it should be followed by lowering the filtering options. Then close any video running applications like the WMP or similar to it. Now you need to clean the dust if there’s any in your PC. It can be because of that problem too. And then you need to check your graphic card too. Because there are some real chances that you are facing with this problem due to some kind of fault in your graphic card. So you can follow this steps and I am sure you won’t face any problem again.