Thread: Catherine Demo not found on PlayStation Network in Japan

Catherine Demo not found on PlayStation Network in Japan

We all are mostly aware that the Japan PlayStation store has already reached his limit for the demo download in coming weeks. Here I was quiet a shock to see that I did not found the download from my ps3. I kept on search for countless hours to get the demo but failed to find the same. Does anyone know to download the same from any other way. I had a Xbox360 also with me. Later on I came to know that PSN Japan is out of the demo, but still users with Xbox Live Gold Membership have access to the demo download. This is also available for those who had used bu there 3 demo download chance. I found that this is usually based on region based downloads. Before I was trying to access my account from US where I faced problem. But later on the download is provided in Japan.

Re: Catherine Demo not found on PlayStation Network in Japan

Yes your assumption is right about that. Atlus has released thsi wonderful demo long ago. But the same is being pulled out from US PSN. What can be reason behind this. I think this can be due to the heavy interest of user overseas. But it is also right that PSN is a region free network which lets all to download game demos mostly. Right-now I can still find the game demo on XboxLive. I have a friend in Japan who told that the same is still live to download. There is not still any exact reason behind this.

This is already mentioned in the Siliconera comments. I found that the cause behind this is the bandwidth costs. This cost is payed by Atlus for the downloads of the game. I think there is some kind of budget set by Atlus which has reached its limit and due to which the download is pulled down. This is only prescribed to certain time frame. And when the time limit passes you wont get the download for the same. And this is the reason it is still available on Xbox 360 because there might be no cost for the demo downloads.

This thing was already notified a long time before where the download for the game demo is pulled out. Only the PS3 distribution is ended here. So there are chances for Xbox users also to get the download till yet. This because Catherine demo was provided for a limited quantity download on PSN. That is expired and no more PSN users can get the game download. For the Xbox there is only one condition. You will need Xbox Live Gold Membership for that. I think there are might be possibilities of getting the demo back gain on PSN.