Thread: Avatar pending approval in Vampire Wars

Avatar pending approval in Vampire Wars

Had I realized this was going to happen I would not have bought items from the shop and I would have left well enough alone! I looked quite cool before. I was just trying to enhance my avatar now it looks plain and boring! They need to get it together and approve it already! I would never have chosen the avatar they selected for me! I am playing this Zynga Vampire Warsgame from long time you can say almost a year.

Re: Avatar pending approval in Vampire Wars

Been waiting three days for my avatar to update, I don't mind having to wait, I know there are a lot of people who are changing their Avatars and a lot of people who use Vampire Wars. It would have been nice if a warning could have been set up, telling people that if they do decide to change their Avatars they may have to wait until it is full updated. I might not have changed mine if I had known that I would have to wait.

There needs to be some kind of official post and/or explanation about this somewhere in the News, because more and more people are asking the same question: "What happened to my avatar?" I visited the forum before I made the edit, so I sort of knew it was going to happen. Still didn't like the gender reassignment, though. Now, however, I'm afraid to edit him anymore. Hopefully this is set right by the time some new items finally (if ever) come out.

In My Opinion! I just checked my Avatar on my stats page, it's not changed. Though ‘pending approval' was no longer there! Hmm blah outfit must have been approved only it was not the one I edited; I too bought stuff from the shop, spent favors points etc. What a waste that was. My Avatar is as I want it to be on the edit page Saved etc But not on my stats (Even when ' pending approval has gone! it seems there is no change I have of course, re edited my Avatar again and I have again (pending approval) who approves these anyway? And why. It’s not like I can be totally nude and pose in an obscene way. Sadly! People, please do not judge me too harshly; I seem to be having a bad dress up day.

Experience, I updated my avatar last night just to check how long it will take to show on my sat page. And it’s so far 25 hours and counting. And I still see my clan member’s avatars slowly changing to normal. As to how long it will take, that is proportional to how soon after the update you saved your avatar and whether or not you tried saving it since. the sooner you saved after the update the less time you had to wait, if you saved it again at any point that will put you back at the end of the line, right now I would say about 36 hrs if you saved sometime yesterday and close to 48 hrs if you saved today. Most people spent favor points on avatar clothes, those points are part of the game and you are free to spend them on whatever you chose, just because you chose to spend them on one feature and not the other; doesn't mean you should get special treatment.

Do you think it's reasonable that it takes 36 to 48 hours to update a game feature? Especially when the update is in conjunction with a new game element that was launched with the kind of fanfare that served as the very impetus for all of those updates? And, because I spend more time playing the game than perusing the forum, I didn't know there was an acknowledged issue with the avatars. Silly me, I tried updating it again when I realized it had reverted to an older version. I suspect many have been victims of the same folly and will, as a result, wait weeks while the imaginary "queue" clears out. By the way, I wasn't REALLY asking for "special" treatment, my original [sarcastic] comment was to make a point. I only noted that my "purchases" had been made with favor points because your previous response seemed to condescendingly presume I had spent "money for virtual clothes."

Reasonable or not that's how long it takes, I'm simply providing information. They don't make as much of a profit as an average so they cannot afford to have the same amount of servers. I don't know exactly why the avatars had to change to begin with, but then again I did not write the code for this game and can only assume there was a reason for it. Right now all anyone can do is wait, there is no avoiding it. I didn't condescendgly presume anything, you said "purchase" and acted like it entitled you to something as if you spent real cash