Thread: Aces preflop in Zynga Poker

Aces preflop in Zynga Poker

I am playing the Zynga poker game and I have a simple question. Someone shoves preflop with Ace plus crap kicker like 5,6,7; and he is called with a hand like AK, AQ, AJ. How come the first idiot hits the crap kicker all the time and beats the better hand over and over again? Another thing; if the second guy has KK at hand, there is always an ace on board. Then of course people will go allin with A6, A8 etc. So please help me out in this case which has confused me a lot and I am not getting anything doing well.

Re: Aces preflop in Zynga Poker

If you have AK and someone else has A6 and the 6 hits then they have the better hand not you.There are a lot of atrociously bad players on Zynga with tens of millions of chips. They luck out every now and again, the trick is to keep playing them as eventually a canny player can relieve them of all their chips. KK is known as an Ace magnet in this house, always aim to get an A drop on the flop if I have KK and guaranteed one of the fool at the table will be all in with rag Ace, nothing you can do about it except play the EV odds.

Well if you will ask me then in the last four hands I lost preflop: AJ vs. 94, guy goes allin with 94 off suit, of course there is only 9 on board. AJ vs. A5; J on flop; last two cards 5 of course; AQ vs. Q9; only a 9 again; JJ vs. 44; 4 on the flop of course again. I don’t mind losing coin tosses. But over and over; this is just ridiculous. Some guy sits at the table; goes allin every hand and wins no matter what hand he has. I'm losing 80 percent of the hands I'm supposed to win 80 % and this is all over the game. Change the name of the game to Zynga bingo; it rhymes even more or fixes that. Most of the hands finish preflop thanks to short stacking. So no point in talking about after flop.

Well it seems to me that the odds winning with AA in the hole at a 9 player table is about 34%. That means you will not have a winning hand twice as often as you will have a winning hand. With a free poker chip site, players stay in far longer than they would in a cash game, meaning the chance of beating AA on the turn or river is quite significant. I don't believe the RNG for Zynga is much different that Full Tilt or Poker Stars the other two sites I play on. It's just that with Zynga, rather than only two players staying in post flop, there may be 3 4 or 5. Just be patient, wait for the nuts in or close to position and you will do fine.

The players who are doing what you describe and making you follow their pre-flop bets have recognized that they are in a 'hot' streak and are taking advantage of it. Conversely, you have ignored that you are not and continued to throw away your chips instead of adapting your play and minimizing your losses.Professional Poker players know this and factor it into their game, by using techniques such as Bankroll Management and tightening up their style. If you're halfway serious about poker this is what you have to do. If you're just playing for fun and consider the preceding 'jargon' and not worth paying attention to then, 'G'luck' at the tables.

I don't believe the RNG for Zynga is much different that Full Tilt or Poker Stars the other two sites I play on. It's just that with Zynga, rather than only two players staying in post flop, there may be 3 4 or 5. The maths works fine. Just be patient, wait for the nuts in or close to position and you will do fine. Most playable hands are all within a few percentage points of each other preflop. I don't give pocket anything much credit preflop. I will raise with pocket kings or aces but I don't shove anything preflop unless I am head-to-head or in the red zone and need a double-up.