Thread: How to run Rift on Ubuntu 10.10

How to run Rift on Ubuntu 10.10

Hello friends I have am hearing allot about this RIFT game from many of my friends since the day it got released and that this is really a breath taking game that no one has ever played before so I am also very curious to get this game installed on my system. But the only concern that I am having is that I am having Ubuntu 10.10 operating system installed on my computer so I would want to know that how will I be able to load this game on the linux distros. Is this is possible or not also if it is possible then can someone please help me in suggesting the ways so as to install the game on the linux based platform.

Re: How to run Rift on Ubuntu 10.10

Hey friend I don’t think so that you will be able to get the RIFT game to get it installed on the ubuntu operating system as this game has been specially developed for Windows based system and still the Linux version of the game as not been developed yet that will help you in installing the game on the all the linux distros. So I can only say that you will have to wait until the linux version of the game is out and you can enjoy the game on your system as well.

Hey one of the things that you can use inorder to install the game on the linux distros is through the Wine emulator. This wine enables us to run the windows based application on the Linux operating system and since the game that is RIFT is designed for the Windows based system then what I think that if you can make use of the wine then it can help you in installing the RIFT game on the Linux distros as well. So try this option out and then see what happens, I hope that this will certainly help in installing the game on the ubuntu operating system.

Guys I am also trying to run the game on the linux operating system using the Wine Emulator but due to some reason I am unable to do so easily. Although the game was easily installed through the Wine but when I tried running the same I found that there was something wrong occurring first with the loading of the game and then with the graphics quality of the game. The game was really taking allot of tie to load first and then I was having the problem with the graphics of the game, I would want to know that is there anyone else who have installed the game on the Linux operating system and have got the game to run perfectly.

Hey dear friend what I think is that the wine will not help you in installing the game on the ubuntu of your properly since last time I had tried to install iTunes through the Wine and have found that it was not getting installed properly on my linux system. Instead what I can suggest you is that you should make a dual boot on your system so as to have Windows running with the Linux operating system as well. With this you will be able to run both the operating system applications.

Hey friend since you have got the game to install on your linux operating system through the help of a wine and the only problem that you are facing is that you are not getting the good graphics with the game along with some kind of lagging issue then I think that your system might not be having the necessary configurations that is required to get this game run smoothly. What I suggest is that you should get a Directx 1o installed on the linux operating system of your and then I think that you will get the desired graphics for this game on the linux system

Hey what I think is that there is some kind of problem with the wine of yours as it is not allowing you to get the game to successfully emulate and that is why you are not getting it to run perfectly on the ubuntu operating system of yours, What I can suggest is that you must see to reinstall the Wine of yours and then check if you can get the game to load again on the linux system of yours, I hope that you will get the game to run smoothly thereafter.