Thread: Petville is getting Stale

Petville is getting Stale

I have been playing Petville for about a year. When I started playing it was fun, we were trading Valentines and decorating our houses and getting cute clothes. Now a year later there is no incentive to play; no goal to accumulate Valentines for a cool prize, the stuff to decorate your house is minimal, and I don't see any new clothing. It seems like Petville is the game that has just kinda been forgotten underneath the bed while all the new games are being showered with attention. Try to take things from 1st yard & put them in the new front yard & what do you get. Game freeze!! This is becoming beyond boring now! Have been playing since Sept of 2009 & it isn't fun anymore. Same old stuff! Have lost so many neighbors, I feel like my pet lives in a nuclear waste dump!

Re: Petville is getting Stale

I also don't like how Petville is all about building these fantasy buildings for the past 6 months or so. The outside part was fun, then the Tahiki was pretty good too, I liked the decorations. But then we just kept getting more and more of those fairy tale lands that we had to un-lock and then build just so you could pay cash for anything cool and then just have it sit there and look cool for a few days. There are far many bugs in the game but just wrote the things that i hated. Its just my opinion.

I miss the old Petville format, decorate your house, dress your pet, do little holiday missions and compete with your neighbors to see who gets the most Valentines. Now it seems like all I do is go feed my pet, and then get reminded that I should go to my Enchanted Kingdom because I am not done with it, and then leave. And if there is ever anything new in the store, it is some silly fantasy thing. One more little thing, the new way of decorating your house is messing up on me. It wont let me take things out of my storage and put them in my room. Anyone else have this problem?

Please ask the Zynga people to forget about making money off of Petville for a little while and instead concentrate on kicking some life back into it. It'll make money again, but it needs to go back to square one with more emphasis on what is fun about the game. Petville is a good idea that the developers killed over time. It will take a bit of effort to breathe life back into it. Christmas this year was so stingy it was disheartening. It's been followed by a broken promise of a neighborhood, and now there's lots of positive change, but it's going to take more. Could you guys selectively pick items that are only for sale in your neighbors houses, waiting to be discovered? The plants are a great idea for example, maybe some rugs too?

It seems as if not many people know that you can buy house plants from your neighbours, just like not many people actually realised some Christmas decorations were available in a few of the packages. Maybe make some of the old neighbourhood items for sale too, so those of us that never had access to it can have a few of the nik naks as well? A little free pet cash now and again would go along way. Please either fix the rigging on the genie game or get rid of it. It's insulting people to imply it's actually possible to win pet cash.

Personally, I'm road weary of receiving 'pretty flower bundles' instead of blue gifts. I never use the new flower vases, though. Please stop reminding us about items of the day that cost pet cash. All of us have very few neighbours left and I'm aware people are not giving the game real cash much anymore. That will take time, and the game will have to feel worthwhile. I know children aren't supposed to play, but they do. Please keep all things good/safe for them too. Thanks.

I, too, used to enjoy buying PetCash and actually had reason to spend them. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I would really love less holiday theme decor and some new just regular around the house-type items to decorate with. I will say that I have seen a lot more effort from the PetVille staff to improve the game than there used to be, but I really think these few things would help. Maximize the potential to communicate or interact with neighbors. Just visiting their houses isn't much interaction. Increase the amount of "regular" household items to purchase which are not of a certain theme. New clothes would thrill a lot of people, as well. I can say that I plan to continue playing PetVille though it has gotten a bit dull lately. I have 3 neighbors who still play as my many others ended up quitting. I have hope that it's fixable, and I'm really happy to see that there is some effort being put forth.