Thread: Personal pirate ship in Treasure Isle

Personal pirate ship in Treasure Isle

The most recent update gave us a pirate ship. 40 energy builds it, and then we apparently need to upgrade it 5 different ways:

* 5 x ship nails
    * 5 x planks
    * 5 x nautical ropes
    * 5 x sail cloths
    * 5 coats of paint

Each of those for $1 each, or buy all at once for $22. Looks like we can gift them to each other, too. We can only ask for a gift every 12 hours - bummer. As always, I want to finish everything as quickly as possible.

Re: Personal pirate ship in Treasure Isle

Yesterday I received my pirate ship so I stuck it in the sea next to my island. Today I go back to it to use some of the items I've collected to build it, and it's missing. The materials some neighbors sent me cannot be used. There’s no USE button in my backpack other than SELL. This doesn't make any sense - sending materials you cannot use. It's not fair to not provide equal things for people that don't want to spend money on a FaceBook game.

So you have just placed your pirate ship frame on your island after getting the message about it. Congrats, how it's time to bunker down and start getting things prepared. I believe there are a total of 8 "whacks" you'll need to do (spending 5 energy per click, that is a total of 40 energy to get things prepared to finish the ship up). So go ahead and spend that 40 energy. Once you are in the final stages, where you will need to gather five different materials (5 of each). You can request a specific piece (I think once every 12 hours), you can send a piece via free gift (and ask for people to send you some pirate ship materials), or you can spend some Island Cash to buy materials (1 IC each, or you can buy everything for 1IC less than they would be separately; i.e. if I had 6 pieces left to complete, I can buy all for 5IC).

So let's say you put out a request for people to send you paint. Your friend, Tom, is kind enough to click on your request, and one bucket of paint is sent to you. This bucket of paint will go straight to your backpack, but it will also show up in your pirate ship (thus you have 1/5 paints gathered). There is no button to "Use" the paint in your backpack, because it is already counted in your ship. If another friend, Sarah, also responds to your request, you will now have 2/5 paints showing in your pirate ship (and you will have 2 paints in your backpack). If your totally cool amigo, Fred, sends you some nails via the Free Gifts (everyone has two randomly selected ship materials they can send), you will first need to accept them, as you would any other free gift. After you do that, you will now have two paints and one nail in your backpack (and you will have 2/5 paints and 1/5 nails listed inside your pirate ship). This whole shebang continues until you are able to gather all of the necessary materials and "Finish" the ship. That's the pirate ship in a nutshell. It can be confusing at first, because this method of building is new to TI, and you may not understand why you have materials both listed in your backpack and in the pirate ship. Hopefully the above answered a question or two. Once you complete the ship, you should be able to access both pirate isles (you may need to refresh the game or clear your cache if you find yourself only able to access one of the isles).

I make my requests every 12 hours faithfully. And have gotten a whole whopping one sail cloth in return. And daily I am sending whatever I can send from my gifts age. But I think maybe two of my friends actually play this dispute having almost 30 on my list. and one only seems to play it every three or four days based on how often I can collect from their gem tree. One more game that makes you depends far too heavily on others or spends real money. Can’t decide which is worse. Treasure Isle or Frontier Ville.

My husband plays Mafia Wars but NONE of the other games he's also AD Navy, forward deployed and seldom has time to actually get on Facebook. And to my knowledge nobody in my friends pile plays Mafia Wars. Most of us play Frontier Ville and Farmville more actively. I happen to really like Treasure Isle and wish I could play it more easily without having to depend on non active neighbors for so many vital components (gems, building supplies, etc)